sneaky E-Signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tbill1, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Tbill1

Tbill1

Hi,

I have the basic package that was up for renewal May 31. On June 1, I discovered
    that E-Signal was starting to charge me $10 a month for "research and news" When I called about it , I was told this was no longer part of my package. Fine, I don't need it. But how dare they charge me for something without ever making me aware! I only found out because I checked my account maintenance-which I seldom do.

Tbill

2. Hi Tbill1,

If you can private message me your Customer ID# or a user name/psw, I would be happy to take a look into your account and contact you to straigthen out this issue.

Regards,

JoeB_eSignal

3. Did yu sign up for the one month free trial? Thats how they get you. You forget you signed up for it and then get charged the next month. Sneaky Esignal. At least your message reminded me about it and I took some action.

Thanks.
    SwiftMike

4. Tbill1

Tbill1

No,

I have been an annual subscriber for a few years now.

Tbill

5. JoeB seems like he's offered to take care of this for you.

Incidently, Tbill - You aren't perchance the Tbill I know from Moscow, are you?

6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Tbill,

You should have recieved a reminder email about the news package change. We didn't change the price to $10 until the renewal date for existing pre-pays but we send a notice to pre-pays 30 days before the renewal notifying them of the change in price and the new package. Please PM Joe and we'll make sure we have your correct contact info.

By the way, the free news package used to contain PR Newswire and BusinessWire. It now also includes RealTimeTraders News, Comtex Public Companies and the IPO Calendar (under the research menu). Seperately, these services used to be $60/mo on a la carte basis and now are included for just $10/mo.

Thanks.

7. Tbill1

Tbill1

Scott,

At 60 and 30 days before my renewal I received an E-Mail reminding me of that fact. Neither one mentioned an extra $10 fee. Before that I received an E-Mail informing me my annual subscription cost was increasing. Again there was no mention of an extra $10 a month. That is all I received.

Tbill

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you're getting the standard renewal notices, then your contact email must be OK. May be a seperate issue with your account or something broken in the programming on our end. We'd appreciate being able to look at your account to check it out. Please PM Joe with your username and we'll be happy to let you know the results.

It's always our intention to provide adequate notice for pricing and service changes. If something is broken in this particular process, we'll certainly get it fixed.

Thanks.

9. Chriz

Chriz

Same here. I am an anual prepaid subscriber and therefore got the news bundle for free. Then, without prior notice, they charged me 10 bucks for it.

10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Will need your username or CID to further research. Please PM Joe or myself.

Thanks.

#10     Jun 6, 2006