SNAP

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hhiusa, Jun 9, 2017.

1. hhiusa

hhiusa

Snapchat has tumbled quite a bit. I read some news by unsubstantial news outlets that they think it will go. I don't know. The put/call ratio has slowed down. Who's for puts and who's for calls?

Will it reach its previous levels?

2. Snap's outlook depends on the tech sector. If selloffs like today become common then the stock will follow.

3. SNAP had a 2-day head start on the selloff today.

I'll probably jump in on a mid-term positions if we see $17.60 again. Just a tiny position so I don't get slaughtered, but I also wouldn't want to miss the bus if they find a way to grow and monetize.

Chart pattern today looks like support established at $18

4. I seriously don't think there is any unique feature Snap can offer. What doubts are they having with their products...that's a big question

5. S2007S

S2007S

Ludacris valuation for a company with no earnings and not having a way to monetize hundreds of millions of users that just went public due to the fact of perfect market conditions, if there wasnt an 8 year bull market this company wouldn't have even existed or gone public.

6. Well, that logic looks sound to me. Won't miss this bus again. In at 18.20

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

900 Million shares hit the street come August when lock-up expires.
    I don't think the bottoms in yet. Seriously.
    Be careful taking this thing long.

8. Yup, I know. Doubt I'll hold that long...have a tight stop on this one (would have had about a .18 stop had I saw this when it hit my target). Honestly, if it was worthless tomorrow it wouldn't even be my worst day this year because it's such a small position.

9. hhiusa

hhiusa

Doesn't that assume they won't choose to hold onto their shares?

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's correct.
    But look at a 52 week chart of Twilio. And Acacia. A pair of 2016's fair haired IPO's.
    And these companies make money.
    Would you hold SNAP? I wouldn't. Even if I liked it...I'd dump it to get the sell-off snowball rolling...buy back later in the single digits.

#10     Jun 12, 2017