Snakes on a Plane

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pekelo, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Cool. Does it get any better?

Any more reviews? Given the characters samuel L jackson has played, this was'nt a cult classic in the making........
    It was made AS a cult classic.

Sure hope i dont hate it..fingers crossed.

#11     Aug 20, 2006
  2. sim03

sim03

Relax... even the always hard-to-please (female) film critic for the New York Times had high praise:

"a solid, B-movie-style entertainment"

"The film’s producers originally conceived “Snakes on a Plane” as a PG-13 release, but encouraged by the enthusiasm of an Internet fan base, added enough gore, expletives and bosoms to ease the rating a notch higher. It earns its R easily."

WARNING: Spoiler below

"There are several different ways to die from an encounter with a snake, and this film has them all. Not long after the seatbelt lights turn off, the rubber, computer-generated and (several hundred) live snakes slither into the main cabin, where they proceed to sink fangs into faces, necks, limbs, torsos, one bared and bountiful female breast and the unseen organ of a male passenger who forgets the No. 1 rule of using strange restrooms: check the toilet bowl. Naughty by nature or perhaps more by design, these snakes don’t just dart out of toilets; they also slide up bare legs and under dresses, moving in and out of every imaginable orifice more often than Ron Jeremy in his prime."

:D

#12     Aug 20, 2006
  3. The best worst movie I've seen in a long time. So ridiculously bad in every respect that you have no choice but to laugh all the way through. Classic. Indeed, a total triumph of hype. Completely preposterous.

"Time is tissue".

MoMoney.

#13     Aug 20, 2006
  4. I agree w/ mo, even for B movie standards it wasn't all that good.

It fell way short of the 'one unit' mark as I had predicted.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

#14     Aug 20, 2006
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

I haven't seen the flick but Samuel L. Jackson has a great quote when it comes to why the producers wouldn't put it out for reviews:

"There's nothing to review. It's not 'Snakes on the Waterfront'. No snake says 'I coulda been a constrictor.' No. Hell no. It's 'Snakes on a Plane'."

H

#15     Aug 21, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

It only made 15 mill over the weekend, although the expectation was around 20 mill...

#16     Aug 21, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#17     Aug 23, 2006