Snake oil marketing on Elitetrader

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by candletrader, Jan 27, 2002.

1. #52     Jan 27, 2004
  2. rttrader,
    werent you guys sponsors of ET a while back?
    I remember a real good chat seminar....
    Did your marketing on ET come up with much?

#53     Jan 27, 2004
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. pspr

pspr

#55     Jan 27, 2004
  5. Banjo

Banjo

No, Allan Farley posted it, who knows where he got it, but it certainly is classic.

#56     Jan 27, 2004
  6. Ken Roberts is OK. He offers a money back guarantee and you can papertrade his 'system' during this time (3 months, I guess) and return the course if it is not what you would like to use. Vendors like that are OK, the problem is with those like, for instance, Ed Moore, a big snake oil artist that charges thousands, gives no money back guarantees and sells you stuff that is appallingly elementary for the money he charges. He also lies to you on his website saying that he would show you his trades online in RT and then all he produces are updates posted twice a day.

#57     Jan 27, 2004
  7. hey, if you want some great trading advice, take the "trend trading to win system" by Michael WAXIE Parness and in no time you will be counting up the KACHINGOS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hell, I made $52,000 in my first week following his proven system!!!

for those of you not in the know, that was a joke, the guy is a total jackass who front runs his members, don't give him a dime....:D

#58     Jan 27, 2004
  8. We choose not to continue our sponsorship....we may re-evaluate again in Q2.

rttrader1 -

#59     Jan 27, 2004
  9. traderob

traderob

I took their trial but cancelled after the first day. He gave a stock pick - LIVE on the chatroom!- that had already moved considerably from the price he told us.
    He was open in saying he had been buying it all morning before mentioning it to the group. Still I have to say I watched it for a week and it kept going up.

#60     Jan 27, 2004