SMW Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by QuoteBoy, Jul 3, 2002.

1. anyone know about this place?
    Prop, market makers? good, bad, ugly?
    www.smwtrading.com

2. I spoke with mgt about 1 month ago. Seems like a good firm , one of many typical option trader incubator firms which I define as follows--> Their typical hire is someone fresh out of college, good quant skills, decent GPA from decent school. Starts out as a runner/clerk/position tracker, gopher, attends their in-house training classes several 'mock 'trading sessions dealing with pit presence, options theory sort of a like Baseball farm system. Probably pays less than 40K for 2 years then eventually be put on the floor to trade options on a split basis using firm $. Be preapred to work in Chicago, NY . See also susquehanna, SLK Bear Hunter.

3. Cesko

Cesko

"decent GPA from decent school. Starts out as a runner/clerk/position tracker, gopher, attends their in-house training classes several 'mock 'trading sessions dealing with pit presence, options theory sort of a like Baseball farm system. "

I used to work for them and they are solid firm. It's not 100%,though, they are going to put you in the pit. With your own money you can do anything of course.
    I don't think the whole process is worthy nowadays. (It's all about pit trading)

4. I keep shopping firms and every time I look, it seems like there's less and less out there! I appreciate you're info. I emailed SMW but no answers yet. I like the "incubator" concept for me cause I think that's what I need. I'm in NYC and would like to check this place out if I could, the website shows the WTC as the NY address......