Smoking weed and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Ever been high and crashed and injured yourself? No Doubt a serious Buzz Kill.

I think loosing big would be the same. All is good if it only helps you win, but Blowing up while high ==> Major Buzz Kill.

OTH, one guy used to say, "if you can't do your job while high, you don't really know how to do your job". But he was a boot fitter not a futures trader.

#41     Sep 18, 2021
  2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I gave up weed years ago for Vodka...not sure which is the better evil.
    I have SIMMED on both and there is one conclusion I have come to:
    Trading must be done sober and lucid with a clear mind whether it be day trading or swing trading. The PNL is only a reality when you are straight. That is when it hurts most...

#42     Sep 19, 2021
    TrailerParkTed likes this.
  3. That is quite a subjective thing.
    Personally I prefer drinking coffee while trading which is also not really healthy, but who cares about it during trading? Smoking weed can be helpful for some people but you should remember not to overdo with that. Because weed can blow your mind and you will lose any connection to the reality and common sense. I know that some people drink alcohol while trading like wine or beer or even whiskey. Again, many people have different reactions to the alcohol. It is not appropriate for me because wine and whiskey make me lazy. So, I'd rather go to bed being under the influence rather than start trading. However, anyway, you need to experiment with such things and understand which condition is the most suitable for you. Some people need to relax because they experience much fear, other people need more concentration and drink coffee. Only after understanding yourself can you come up with the idea which will make you feel more comfortable.

#43     Sep 27, 2021
  4. I just gave this a try this week, after trading. I must admit, something felt calm, and I felt good, and peaceful...

https://findyourcentr.com/#centr

I don't know about weed/alcohol. I don't think it's a good idea. Micro-dosing could be viable (re: hallucinogenics), but I have not tried it.

#44     Sep 27, 2021
  5. Its a subject that varies from person to person
    got pros and cons,
    It could make you be less attached with the losses and on the other hand could drain the motivation and make you lazy towards building consistency.

I've read an article which stated that over a period of consumption in your prime days of hustling, you can lose interest and motive behind why you started it all
    in short saying that you lose focus with time.
    and adding to it the detachment towards monetary goals and making happiness the ultimate goal.

Its all a point of view and how well you can balance life.

#45     Sep 28, 2021
  6. Jaagup

Jaagup

It's a personal choice I guess. Nothing to do with trading.

#46     Oct 1, 2021
  7. Of course it is a personal preference. I have seen traders having some bizarre rituals before they start their trade or while sitting on their systems. Moreover, if smoking weed helps some clear their mind, I dont think its a bad idea at all.

#47     Oct 6, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

You have me nailed to a T. This is what is going on in my head for the past few weeks as I sit on my trades...

GAH!

#48     Oct 6, 2021
  9. I don't think there is any correlation between smoking weed and trading forex.

#49     Oct 6, 2021
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I have heard that smoking weed is very strongly correlated with good sex. The only test I personally carried out certainly did nothing to suggest this correlation is not there. And there can be no question weed improves music acuity. I personally find it interferes with any kind of abstract thinking, just the opposite of what might be supposed. As far as trading goes I am still waiting for a long term report with a valid control experiment included/

Don't smoke weed. The half combusted particulate plant matter can not possibly be good for your lungs which must exchange oxygen and CO2 across a very thin membrane. Even though you have lung clearing mechanisms, chronic coating of that ultra thin membrane with condensed crap can't possibly be good for you long term. Ingest instead. Plan ahead.

#50     Oct 8, 2021