Smoking Some REFR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I'm glad to see this ball keep rolling for you Stoney.

I recently saw a comic (Wanda Sykes, I believe) who said: ''My broker wants me to invest in oil, but the only thing I know that keeps going up is pot. So, I wanna be long weed."

Maybe this is what she was REFR-ing to!

Best of luck on your way to $12.00!

#51     Apr 4, 2007
  2. Folks I could use a little guidance here!

REFR is up 14% since I re entered 1200 shares brought back $2,242 profit with $750 of that today.

Shares approaching Feb rally HIGH AND 3 Year HIGH @ $12.33. Turned away BIG last time.... My experience says it may take 3 attempts to bust through...

It's one of my better performing stocks hate to lose it.
    I always make the mistake of selling my winners.
    Then I hate myself for weeks.

No firm idea on the direction of the market NAZ just lost 10 points in 10p minutes.

Starting to like ALDN alot.

I put a limit sell @ $12.00. Right Move? ~ stoney.

#52     Apr 9, 2007
  3. Well like a Yankee starting pitcher... she's gone. before I could race to modify. By By sweet stock of youth.

I'm going to buy 700 shares of ELON as a replacement and have a limit buy in on 600 ALDN beneath the market.

These should take over the advance of REFR with less of the Beta swings. Take a 3 year look at ELON and get a head start before I lead thread this later this week.
    Significant P&F double top breakout combined with a perfect cup with a handle b/o @ $10.00. This is one of the more powerful LT chart prospects I have come around recently and I only just discovered it today.

ALDN HUGE Indian contract over 3 million Indian IT'ers (students) using their EToken authorization & just last month opened an office in Shanghai! Oh a Chinese contract would VERTICAL THIS! Stay tuned. ~ stoney

Ah, the life of the stonedinvestor, impatient

#53     Apr 9, 2007
  4. First off I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for not PMing me on this name today.

Yes I'm sure you saw the news 90 million or was it 900 million Yen? Hitachi.> I think it was 90- I nearly passed out when I heard the number. Avid viewers of ET know where I stand on REFR. It has been a long and lonely battle for respectability which even now I'm not sure we have won. For the biggest lover of this stock to NOT BE IN IT NOW IS ALMOST TOO MUCH TO BARE!

REFR changes everything! The world as you see it. Trust me. These dial down, darkening, energy saving, windows are going to be installed everywhere.Very Minority report. Maybe they just dim naturally like shades that would be a bummer but anyway they have the patent for applying this magic coating to glass and it's just so obviously HUGE>> building owner's do you want to save 25% on heating without doing anything but buying some f*ing REFR!? Ayyy Caramba why did I not get back in this name earlier?

Anyway I capitulated sissy style pile on today I'm sure underwater already- I'm sure the market down 100 It's just the ultimate sloppy wrong way display of investing prowess... You could say lighten up stoney you traded the name 5 times for 5 f*ing wins some of them quite large but it's the Al Gore of it all! AND it's a perfect fit for my Green Portfolio: Why didn't I Just massively accumulate and HOLD!

Well all the sniping about what a scam of press release company they are by you guys didn't help... I got burned on Force Protection and lost my love of some of these names...

REFR. OWN IT! ~ stoney:(

#54     Jul 10, 2007
  5. Let's Give REFR a hand!

Wow what strength! Probably due to this BW pump piece I missed-

Research Frontiers: Glass That Dims Electronically Research Frontiers (REFR) started the year on a high note: In February, Raytheon announced that the Beechcraft King Air aircraft would offer new electronic dimmable window shades using the company's SPD-SmartGlass technology. This lets glass go from clear to opaque fast, blocking out light, ultraviolet rays, and heat. But Robin Manners West, senior portfolio manager at New Mexico's State Investment Council, which owns shares, says the big bounce will come when REFR's major licensees, such as DuPont (DD), Air Products&Chemicals (APD), and Hitachi, sign up for the light-control technology. Hitachi (HIT) has committed to pay REFR for sure access to the latest developments in SmartGlass. The aircraft, auto, and architecture industries are expected to be its big users, says West, who sees REFR in the black in 18 months. She expects its stock, which has rocketed from 5 in January to 12.93 on July 17, to hit 35 in 18 months. No analysts follow REFR, but early big investors include Fidelity, BlackRock (BLK), Barclays Global Investors (BCS), and Carret Asset Management.

I've brought you all some good unknown stocks but this one in particular is so damn interesting!~SI

#55     Jul 31, 2007
  6. Listen Don't Do This Kids!
    It's Bad For You
    It Could Make You Paranoid.

I just bought a little more REFR! I'm a relative strength idiot this stock surly has retrace written all over it.
    However let's remember a bunch of new investors came into the name at $13 with the BW piece and they are $2 up in this market!! That's a interesting point on the chart to keep in mind... a $10 sprint from there would be $23 and that sounds just about right to me.
    ~stoney

#56     Jul 31, 2007
  7. I'm B*A*C*K In Da REFR state of mind !!!!

Wow the markets are free falling and I can't help myself I want to get high on this glass play again.

Lets look at the chart without the market. It had a significant day just recently I think yesterday but maybe it was the day before... late in the day the kind I like post 3:00 surge. Today it has comeback down to earth, if the market rightens itself next week this will be off to the races. We keep a mental stop at $14.05 and we are really not risking that much for a chart that SCREAMS $19. Ok I half boated. I am aware of the market conditions after all and this stocks beta... I am also aware of the knock on this company about how they have to use electricity somehow to make their windows work... I'm still trying to figure it all out. I will post the bear case here over the weekend. But the BULL case is Craftsman which is a huge player in the window game was just licensed to use the REFR tech. That was the pop recently- today we buy the fade and close our eyes and hope for a smooth ride... $21 is not out of the question Folks...~ stoney

#57     Oct 19, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Stoned, this is a great idea (folks have been working on it for years), and should make oodles in the short run. When you said film though, i immediately thought anisotropic organic molecules. If that is the modus here, then, slowly, very, very slowly there is going to be (probably) a little UV leak through, and that has enuf energy to break organic bonds. (I am assuming the film is between two conducting --probably tin oxide-- pieces of glass) So you have already figured out what will happen eventually: these "windows" won't work any more! But, you know, if i was doing this i'd formulate the outer glass to be a super uv absorber using only inorganics. But hey, if their "film" is inorganically based then there is something here we ought to look very seriously at for the long run. Problem is though, if there are any organic bonds, even if the active molecules are all inorganic, there will eventually be trouble. Regardless, its a super play for the next ten to twenty years. I say go for it. Just don't put those windows in your own property if you are going to hold that property more than ten years, unless of course the technology is entirely inorganic. Then they really do have something! Oh, by the way ,the amount of electricity that will be needed to make these "windows" work is insignificant. You don't really pass any current. You just polarize the molecules. So electricity costs are not a factor.

What am i saying? Have i lost my mind? The market does not care about reality!
    Go for it.

#58     Oct 20, 2007
  9. donnap

donnap

By adding some THC to the position we could get a real theme going here.:D

Good work, Stoney.

#59     Oct 20, 2007
  10. Not a very good stock

#60     Oct 21, 2007