Smoking Some REFR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 2, 2007.

1. UQM doing nada... Topdown Reminder CBLI conference tomorrow. Today should be the last day you will be able to get in.
    Off To Workout & Then Get My Wisdom Tooth Pulled!
    Back at 2:00 pm to take you to the close ~ stoney

#31     Feb 13, 2007
  2. A few things here. This is getting really interesting.
    REFR dropped a bomb on investors today they had an existing shelf registration which they unloaded to some in investors. They sold 6 million 650 thousand five hundred shares @ $9.75. Serious dilution to be sure & if you were a shareholder you might be mad as hell with the stock down $1.25 on the news.

But we are out of it and dare I say is an opportunity developing here?

What is the upside of this move. Well Investors were willing to pay $9.75. We can assume they plan to at least double their investment. That would lead to a $20 stock in the long run- Also REFR's market cap goes up and with it maybe their overall visibility.

*Now remember JUST ONE MONTH AGO this stock was $6. So now investors are willing to pay $9.75!! THE REFR TECHNOLOGY has now been repriced in my view.

Is there a 2nd trade here? That's what I'm thinking tonight. All night I'm thinking REFR hard- through the tooth pain, through the Vicadin haze, the red wine without food and antibiotics to boot.
    I'm flying man! - How Bout Them Knicks!
    (Caught the recap today)

#32     Feb 14, 2007
  3. topdown

topdown

Stoney - What can I say, you sure have made the right calls on this one. You got out at $12+ and it falls immediately to the 9's. (Also a great call on CGLI - I'm in on that one).

REFR closed awfully weak - at the low of the day. I'd look for it to fall further tomorrow. I'd be real cautious, the comment from the Mod seemed to be sincere, just looking out for you.

#33     Feb 14, 2007
  4. I know. Furthermore, you never like to press your luck by taking the same horse twice- rarely works out I wonder though if this wouldn't be an easy daytrade tomorrow $9.60 to $11.40 anyone?

#34     Feb 14, 2007
  5. Took me a minute to learn that one. Ride the horse and get a new one. Most often you give back your gains. (I did, like a dummy.... Once was all it took for me.)

#35     Feb 14, 2007
  6. kjb3212

kjb3212

i got in today @ $9.96 and looking to pop out at $11. it's at $10.10 in after hours. hopefully it pop up again tomorrow.

#36     Feb 14, 2007
  7. Jade got a nice pop today - thanks stoney :p

#37     Feb 15, 2007
  8. Did you catch the earnings raise? Significant!

#38     Feb 15, 2007
  9. Well REFR has given one 50 cents to the upside but it's been so damn unimpressive a move stonedinvestor has just sat at his breakfast table and watched it...

In random other news there's a stock called LMRA that is cruising today. If anyone has a take on this co please let me know. If you look on a chart you will see even after it gives back some of todays spurt i believe it will have broken a significant downtrend. LMRA went in short order from $2 to $10 and back to $4 and now is threatening $5 1/2 - $6.00 and on big volume on no news that I can find appears to be a natural reversal aided by a subway.com pump... might be worth a look today... I might be pushing it. But chart wise- $8 in like a week is not out of the question....

#39     Feb 15, 2007
  10. Well you know how it goes folks 50 cents looked like crap now 80 cents and I'm kicking myself.

limit order in 1200 @ $10.45...

to be continued....

#40     Feb 15, 2007