Smoking Some REFR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Thank you. I have some friends that do this and they make serious chips and it is pretty easy money. By flip topdown I meant lock up profit or cut loss, sorry if I confused anybody. If you work on dvp basis you have no obligation to anyone really. IPOs and new issues is what I meant. Now, I do understand if you are to get propper allocations in real deals (fig), you will have to set up a propper marketing schedule to attract the right individuals. I really like the concept and feel it is a different form of scalp that can be done in a traders spare time. I am not the first guy to think of this I just thought some people on here would know a little more about this.

Giles you are true. When I was a broker I had a system where I would follow small cap caca names on a scanner mainly nadq names. So Mr moderator(EASY), what I have to say is hype is the name of the game. With out it nobody makes money. Be happy we have people with balls enough to run speculative businesses. They could be getting "real" jobs. Whatever the hell that means.

I remember it like it was yesterday ANTP @ 4.5 before it went to 54, never had the top or the bottom but made money. GAP @ 14 before the buyout rumour brokout of a+p canada later went to 34 in a short time. TRLG @ 1.1 no shit I had no idea what this company had in store but I saw a very nice rise in the stock the previous year, something like .3 to where it was. TRA TNH RIO all before the splits. 03-04I could go on and on but what I want to say is I never really cared where these companies were fundamentaly because they were technically telling me they were going to explode. I wooped my firms analyst many times over using this stupid technique. I feel I have grown up since then though.

I had left spec garbage on nasdq for nyse. I just feel there is much cleaner moves. Things are a little more predictable. Now I only trade gold and other commodity driven names but I am pretty risk averse and always like to be right. I cant put that big wood behind alti, some but not that much. GG, FRO is a different story. I only like companies I would be comfortable buying with any type of money. As for investing I think the canadian energy trusts are a nice play should oil keep climbing. ent, pwi, pvx. I do not like US markets right now. I would keep my money offshore in some other currency just not the dollar. Gold oil and those commodities you and I need I feel will get very expensive and I am trying to do everything I can to get myself in a good position for when this time comes I will have the resources necessary to make my future a reality. p-

#21     Feb 10, 2007
  2. Topdown is it me or is the engine company UQM maybe the play? Chart looks very strong to me. Great RS Friday- ALTI dived.

Opinion LONG Date Opinion Formed 01/16/07 Price Opinion Formed 3.38

Recommendation

Stock is a Buy.

Comment

Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) indicates a Bullish Trend.
    Chart pattern indicates a Strong Upward Trend.
    Relative Strength is Bullish.
    Up/Down volume pattern indicates that the stock is under Accumulation.
    The 50 day Moving Average is rising which is Bullish.
    The 200 day Moving Average is falling which is Bearish.
    Look for Support at 3.74

Week's Activity (Close as of week ending 2/9/2007)

Week Close 4.25 Week Change 0.25
    Week Open 4.00 Week High 4.33
    Week Low 3.98

Price Analysis

Yr. High 6.46
    Yr. Low 2.19
    MO Chg.(%) 33.6
    Resistance N/A
    Support 3.74
    SELL STOP 2.15
    Moving Average Analysis

Type Price % Slope
    10 Day 4.03 105.4 UP
    21 Day 3.75 113.4 UP
    50 Day 3.20 132.8 UP
    200 Day 3.36 126.3 DOWN

Volume Analysis

Ave Daily Volume(00) 1519
    MO Chg.(%) 123.2

Up/Down Volume (U/D)
    U/D Ratio 2.6
    U/D Direction UP

On Balance Volume BL
    Positive OBV BL
    Negative OBV BL

Money Flow(MF) 87
    MF Direction UP

Technical Analysis

Alpha 0.02 50-Day R.S. 1.42 OBOS -2
    Beta 1.20 STO(Slow %K) 91 B.BANDS 78
    MACD ST BL STO(Fast %K) 77
    RSV 90
    MACD LT BL Wilder's RSI 78 POWER RATING 88

#22     Feb 11, 2007
  3. topdown

topdown

Stoney - UQM may indeed be the better play. When I first bought ALTI (back in November) I was looking specifically for a electric vehicle / hybrid battery play and was really impressed with their performance. UQM never crossed my radar screen. I may just have to purchase a bit of that too.

#23     Feb 11, 2007
  4. Just checking Topdown that you have met my friend JADE? My friend JADE she ready to run this week. JADE run far away. Run JADE run.
    peace

#24     Feb 11, 2007
  5. Well thats good to know. JADE decided to come into my life last week. Hopefully she proves faithful. LOL.

#25     Feb 11, 2007
  6. Up again! No press release! I'm selling half at $12 area.

#26     Feb 12, 2007
  7. It's got resistance at $12.30 today.

So far it's tested it twice.

#27     Feb 12, 2007
  8. Folks I no longer want to save the world! The buildings can all fall into a heap of twisted metal and glass, the environment can heat up like a turkey baster for...
    the stonedinvestor is now completely out of REFR--
    both in a stock sense and in a personal supply sense.

#28     Feb 12, 2007
  9. topdown

topdown

Stoney - Thanks for the tip on JADE. I almost pulled the trigger on the pullback earlier today, even though that would have broken one of my rules. I really don't like buying a stock that is going for more than 25% over it's 50 day MA. Jade is over 50% - yikes!

Have a look at the BRLC thread and do your DD. I do think this is a pretty good play.

#29     Feb 12, 2007
  10. Topdown I don't know if you noticed but dear JADE has suddenly been turning up on all these best opf lists- IBD etc.

Also this am: UQM Technologies receives additional order from Eaton for compressor motors used in fuel cells
    Briefing.com - February 13, 2007 8:33 AM ET

Related Quotes
    Symbol Last Chg
    UQM Trade 4.35 0.00
    Real time quote.

Co announces that it has received a follow-on order from Eaton for additional UQM compressor drive motors for use as part of Eaton's fuel cell air mgmt product line.

#30     Feb 13, 2007