Smoking and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Turhovach, May 19, 2009.

Are you a smoker?

1. Yes, I smoke all the time.

42 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Yes, I smoke, but only when trading.

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Used to smoke, but quit.

47 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Don't smoke and never did.

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. +1

This is one of those rare, thought-provoking and intelligent comments we read on ET. They are few and far between.

#61     Jul 6, 2009
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I read somewhere that the number of deaths from tobacco is like 20 times bigger than those from alcohol( simply because lungs are a lot more "fragile" than liver ).

You can take any cause of death in the world but heart attacks( alcohol, car accidents, any natural disaster, hunger, AIDS... ) , get the whole number for all those deaths together and it will be less than tobacco.

#62     Jul 7, 2009
  3. Well, I just wiped my monitors with those monitor wipes that have alcohol. I looked at the wipes, and guess what color they were? Dark orange.

The monitors OTOH, look spectacular! I don't remember the colors being so vivid. (Those that smoke heavy know what I'm talking about)

Yeah... I'm a heavy smoker. Plan on quitting. Here in NJ, the cost is approaching 8 dollars a pack. It doesn't break the bank, but it is stupid to be financing your death. I'm still relatively young, so I can somewhat reverse some of the damage.

I think I'll try cold turkey again.

Any other suggestions? I see some other posts here of succesful former smokers - thanks for the advice.

#63     Jul 7, 2009
  4. What is happening to this website, every time I come here there is some stupid thread.

#64     Jul 7, 2009
  5. The website is arranged by topics. The topic influences the type of thread you will read. This one is about psychology - and the thread about smoking.

I have had my best trades after researching and chainsmoking the night before. It's a bad habit (not the making money part - the smoking part).

Anyway.... no one has a gun to your head to open/read a thread. The topic is plain to see.

Move on and read another topic that may interest you and quit bitchin.

#65     Jul 7, 2009
  6. The clown shoes. Don't forget the clown shoes.

#66     Jul 7, 2009
  7. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 3 years. No magic to quitting. I just said, "i'm done with this"

However, after a good day I like to sit on the patio and smoke a nice Oliva Series V or Don Pepin Cuban Classic.

And Thursdays is poker night at the cigar lounge.

I probably smoke 2-4 cigars a week.

#67     Jul 7, 2009
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I smoke cigars sometimes and I don't know those names. What is the brand?

Last week, I smoked a punch and a partagas.

I used cigars when I stopped smoking cigs. It works quite well. Cigars are a lot stronger, cut your envy and the smoke don't go (almost) in lungs.

#68     Jul 8, 2009

9. It is a great book, It's helped me understand the evil weed, not there yet.
    I hate, with a passion, the damn shit, and I smoke a lot. This book is well worth the price, and applicable to a lot of other things to-It could help in any aspect of life actually, so for sure, read it.

Smoking is fucking retarded, trust me, but not so idiotic as governments and do-gooders simply lobbying for higher taxes on it-it doesnt work with addictive drugs, never has, never will.

This "anti-smoking" policy is invariably a cynical, cowardly money grab from the same sons of bitches who allow these companies to expand into foreign markets at subsidized cost, selling death at street corners to the most vulnerable and most desperate.

And thats even BEFORE the targets get hooked.

#69     Jul 8, 2009
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Those are not habanos it seems. Is there still an embargo on cuban cigars in the US?

#70     Jul 8, 2009