Smoking and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Turhovach, May 19, 2009.

Are you a smoker?

1. Yes, I smoke all the time.

42 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Yes, I smoke, but only when trading.

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Used to smoke, but quit.

47 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Don't smoke and never did.

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. I'm glad for you that you are trying to do something about it. But even still, what the fuck were you thinking in the first place?

I just tend to think most people are just weak willed, everything is just "too hard". Well I say, screw that, if you want something bad enough you can make it happen.

Hey, if you don't like to be called a stupid fuck for smoking, then fucking quit. You smokers need a wake up call, as if strong statistical evidence of smoking related death is not fucking enough :p

#21     May 19, 2009
  2. spd

spd

I dont smoke cigarettes, but I pretty much smoke weed constantly throughout the day. Whether Im trading crude oil, or taking an o-chem final, or barbequeing with my friends, thats just what I do.

I dont feel it hinders nor helps me with anything, it just makes things a bit more awesome.

#22     May 19, 2009
  3. AAA30

AAA30

#23     May 19, 2009
  4. as jeff foxworthy would say. you might be a redneck if. and proud of it too. priceless.

#24     May 20, 2009
  5. Sorry buddy.
    you are the stupid fuck for NOT smoking

You non-smokers think you are so fucking superior because you don't smoke. It has nothing to do with you being stronger willed or us smokers being weaker willed.

Smoke people smoke because they enjoy it.

Like chocolate or wine or weed, everthing is fine in moderation.

Except jerkoffs like you - I can only handle one heinous whiff of you...

#25     May 20, 2009
  6. Many people smoke a pack everyday for 70 years and do just fine. If you like smoking why not keep smoking...

If you are smoking to mask some feeling that you would prefer not to acknowledge then I would suggest you find some self help material that leads you to a solution.

Your trading and your feeling of well being will be enhanced

Good luck

#26     May 20, 2009
  7. I smoked for 27 years and tried to quit many times. You didn't ask but here's some advise.

Just quit. Period, end of story. There is no weaning, no cutting down, none of that works.

You are addicted to nicotine not cigs. Replacing cigs with patches, gum, etc. will cause you to fail.

The best and only way to quit is to quit. As simple as that sounds it's true. When you want a smoke just don't.

2 things helped me a lot.

There's a website that I think is called whyquit.com..do a search you'll know it when you find it. It's hardcore, but good stuff. By hardcore I mean they're preaching what I've said which is you just have to stop and all the aides are just bullshit that make the problem worse.

The other thing was when I realized that no one ever died from not smoking. I shit you not that simple revelation got me through some tough times when I wanted a smoke so damn bad I would of killed for one.

Good Luck, you can do it.

#27     May 20, 2009
  8. I also smoked for twenty years. I quit 7 years ago.

Two things for you.

1. You won't quit until you've reached the end of your rope. You have to be absolutely at rock bottom with regard to your smoking habit. For me, it came one morning when I felt a pain in my mouth and opened wide, only to see a blackish-red spot at the back of my throat on the upper throat wall. I have never been so angry in my life, literally. I had been trying to quit for about 6 years at that point. That was it for me, the final straw. I quit that day and haven't had a cigarette since.

The bizarre part is - some people will get to the point where they're breathing through a trach tube, and they'll still be out in the parking lot smoking one through their throat. There is no hope for them.

2. If you're over 35 and still smoking, you fall into one of two groups. You're either trying to quit or you're not. As long as you're trying to quit, you're doing the right thing.

If you're over 35 and still smoking, you are in serious trouble, and quitting is the #1 most important thing in your life, more important than job, children, wife, husband, parents, money or anything else.

The people on this board who say that smoking is okay, or using tobacco products is 'a part of their culture' are either lying or so stupid that it's essentially natural selection for them to die from it. The cigarettes that 95% of smokers are smoking are the same chemical-laden 'nicotine delivery systems' that the industry was famously outed for selling. Nothing has changed.

By the way, it's been seven years and I still think about it at least a few times a week, mainly when I see someone else having a smoke.

#28     May 20, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

When I was hanging out at the oncology clinic every week I met a guy who had chewed since he was 14 years old (he was in his 40's). Ended up with lip and jaw cancer and they had to cut his jaw out. One of the nastiest things I've ever seen, and I've seen some fug nastly shit.

Brandon

#29     May 20, 2009
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I come from the same place you do, rural Iowa and its part of the culture here for sure. Read my last post though, it will seriously fuck you up if it catches you bro.

#30     May 20, 2009