Smoking and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Turhovach, May 19, 2009.

Are you a smoker?

1. Yes, I smoke all the time.

42 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Yes, I smoke, but only when trading.

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Used to smoke, but quit.

47 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Don't smoke and never did.

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. I'll allow a far lessor mind to agree with me...it doesn't take more than a 90 IQ to figure out smoking is bad for you :p

PS Mandy, for your people, Sickle cell is a HUGE problem.

#11     May 19, 2009
  2. LOL! Yeah, its too late. I was actually thinking of adding that but decided it would only exasperate the controversy.

As for the Raskolnikov character, yeah, I am stupid for smoking. But I'm seriously trying to do something about it, unlike yourself, who can't seem to do anything about your continued moronic behavior on this forum...

#12     May 19, 2009
  3. Stupid fucks, all of you.

------------------

Booyah. Perhaps we should correlate obesity/smoking.

Back in the day, one might light a cigarette to stop and think. Them days are gone. Yes, as cigarette consumption declines, the fewer the stupid fucks, hardly seems the case these days.

#13     May 19, 2009
  4. I quit smoking last August (smoked for almost 20 years)

instead of smoking I now have energy bars and nuts on my desk. (I have an iPhone to fill that empty "space" in my pocket where the pack of cigs used to live). Whenever I have the urge to smoke I snack on healthy foods (high fiber, high protein)

to counter this new "habit" I started hitting the gym every other day (hour weights, half hour cardio)

I dropped 30 pounds in about 2 months, I've since put about 10 pounds of lean muscle back on

I've never felt better in my life and my home and clothes no longer smell like ass (you start to realize that you smelled like ass once you've kicked for about a month)

I also feel less guilty about dropping $15 to $20 on high quality lunches (tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.) when I consider that $8-$10 of those dollars would have otherwise been (literally) burned into ashes.

there is NO cheating...once you decide you're done...you're done

#14     May 19, 2009
  5. Tell you what - with the price of a pack of cigarettes where it is ($7.49 here in Maryland), its getting a whole lot easier to cut back and hopefully quit altogether. Look at the math -

@ 1 pack a day (5 days a week) --

$37.45 a week
    $149.80 a month
    $1947.40 a year ........adds up

Not to mention what it does to one's health.

And you are so right about the cheating part. Boy! Do I know that well.

#15     May 19, 2009
  6. kxvid

kxvid

You should quit smoking and switch addictions to nicorette gum. It is perfectly safe since nicotine doesn't cause cancer. Also swedish SNUS is about as safe as tobacco products come. Still not as safe as nicorette but alot safer than regular chew or cigarettes.

#16     May 19, 2009
  7. It's much healthier to smoke after sex but that can be cured by using more lubricant

:D

#17     May 19, 2009
  8. #18     May 19, 2009
  9. Smoking is awesome...
    it tastes great, feels good after a nice meal, after a nice bang, after a nice joint, with a warm cup of coffee...

"He who doth not smoke hath either known no great griefs, or refuseth himself the softest consolation, next to that which comes from heaven."
    Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

#19     May 19, 2009
  10. Chewed tobacco since I was in 8th grade and don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Where I come from its kind of a cultural thing. It just comes with the territory. We chew, we hunt, we fish, we drive down gravel roads drinking beer. Its who we are and im proud of who I am and where I came from.

And yes I have a fat dip in always during market hours :D

#20     May 19, 2009