Smokin' Rally or Smokin' Crack

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Mar 21, 2007.

1. duard

duard

Yes I understand.

It is essentially a carry trade play but against all G10 currency not just the Yen.

The hedged part is that it is not a single currency carry trade. The latest juice up was the Yen weakening AGAIN, however like everything else it cycles and the highs and lows tend to get faded. I suppose if we had an overnight devaluation then bang down 10% but in a weak equities environ or as a diversification measure not bad as an ETF.

#41     Mar 22, 2007
  2. duard

duard

"GE brings good things to life."

#42     Mar 22, 2007
  3. lol.

If they could bring their share price to life it would be a miracle.

#43     Mar 22, 2007
  4. duard

duard

That's funny boss!!!

At present I'm pissed because I let one of my longs languish uncovered as my limit order yesterday on the short calls was off by a couple pennies....

Phuck.

#44     Mar 22, 2007
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Good shorts today IMO

OIH in oil sector and SNDK in tech sector. Both are pumped and overbought.

#45     Mar 22, 2007
  6. duard

duard

My exposure to the oil patch at present is limited to DBC.

But with regard to Sandisk. The whole sector has been under accumulation. Every juke down in the overall market and these slide the same or less than usual. Then on up days they're rocketing. Yes they'll pullback short-term but for the long-term memory will bottom this year IMHO.

#46     Mar 22, 2007
  7. duard

duard

Pairs trade: buy MU sell SNDK? Hedge with options?

#47     Mar 22, 2007
  8. duard

duard

Done for today. Maybe a few more trades at close or tommorrow's open then done for the week.

Congrats to all who smoked the rally or smoked some crack....

#48     Mar 22, 2007
  9. hels02

hels02

What are you talking about? GE is doing great.

GE was a great buy at $34, tho I have to say, it hasn't been another GROW, but the dividends are nice (not sure I'd buy now tho).

GROW did almost $4 today. Geez. Why didn't I buy nothing but GROW last week? *smacks self* . I totally didn't expect it to grow another $6 (so far) after Record day.

I bought CX today at the low ... only made $.50 so far. Wish I had bought more GROW with the $$. (these are musings, I dont' think anyone should buy GROW right after a $6 hike).

#49     Mar 22, 2007
  10. OIH only up 1.5% today, but IV on its options jumped. This morning at 9:43, with the stock at $145.92, an Apr 145 put was 2.90x3.00. This afternoon, with the stock at the same price (but oil about 1% higher than this morning), the same put is 3.10x3.20. Wonder if this is because some components' earnings are coming up.

#50     Mar 22, 2007