Smith And Wesson

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by siafx, Jan 10, 2012.

1. they feel cheap they jam, the recoil doesn't always rest the hammer hard to clean. I like springfields and colts, I always thought Mausers were sexy guns!

#11     Jan 11, 2012
  2. #12     Jan 11, 2012
  3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

#13     Jan 11, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

you have come to the right chat board.

#14     Jan 11, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

$12 strikes on a $5 underlying? I wouldn't, not based on your idea of the fundamentals anyway.

#15     Jan 11, 2012
  6. siafx

siafx

My speculative play is probably too risky, but imagine the beauty of buying $1000 worth of call options at about 10 cents and watching them turn into 8 bucks. Pure imagination on my part…

My thought behind the plausibility was two things. First, my theory on why it dropped from $20 to $5 was investor uncertainty. No one knows when guns might be illegal to own. Who wants to get caught holding the stock of an illegal product? A new republican administration (not certain by any means) would remove the uncertainty. And second, record breaking sales. That’s usually a bullish signal on any stock.

I want to follow the record breaking sales angle. RGR and SWHC are about the only ways to do that. Most other guns sold in the US are either foreign made or private owned. I don’t think this relates to defense sector stocks.

If anyone can offer an idea on how a humble dude can invest a little coin in the American Gun Trade, I’d appreciate it.

By the way, Colt Python = sweetest handgun ever made. If you can get one, definitely buy and hold. :D

#16     Jan 11, 2012
  7. tpavlik

tpavlik

RGR is a no brainer compared to swhc. Easy way to play on the NCIS data and long term trend of increasing gun ownership. Gun sales spiked when Obama got elected because people thought that Obama would make owning a gun much harder. People WILL buy more guns in 2012. WHy make trading much harder trying to call SWHC? Take the easy route with RGR

#17     Jan 11, 2012