smell the fascism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bitstream, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Doesn't that even give him more right to comment. The Europeans/Italians have gone through this before and are probably a lot more alert to signs of fascims than our friends in the US are.

Very farfetched and low. As a matter of fact the US would probably also have been on Hitlers side if they had believed his Reich would be able to withstand the communists. They would have backed Hitler just as they did with the late Saddam. There were many very substantial business relations going on between the US and Germany when Hitler became Chancelor and after that.

Now, can we go to the content of his post?

I have 2 statements to make:
    A) the list of features indeed seems complete and accurate in describing signs of a facsist regime.
    B) the list of features is also strikingly visible in the current US society.

Can we agree on this? If so what does that tell us about the US of A? If not, which statement(s) don't you agree with?

Ursa..

#11     Dec 31, 2006
  2. #12     Dec 31, 2006
  3. For starters I'm an American. I'm also older than twentysomething. I see few things on the list that ring true. This country is filled with Mike Moores, moonbat 9/11 blogs, Katie Courics and Hollyweird. It's a place that has gay marriage, gun rights, boyz in the hood and millions of American's buying/using illegal drugs. America ain't no police state. Most Americans go years at a time without interacting with law enforcement.

America is certainly more nationalistic and militaristic than Europe. Always has been. Hopefully always will be. Europe's a great place with great people. But it's faggy. Europe can't compare to the States. American's live larger, eat better, drive better and bathe more frequently than Europeans. We're proud of all that.

Corruption. A bit. But systematic to American culture? Not by a long shot. Unlike Europe, Muslims can dress however they want. Funny, but it's not repressive America passing "no veil" laws, taxing folks at 70% and forbidding the populace access to firearms.

Let's face it. America rules. Clearly that fact bugs the fuck out of you foreign dudes......

#13     Dec 31, 2006
  4. u live better? u eat better? what mcdonals? give me a break, most of u are fat and face at least 10yrs less time on this earth because of your unhealthy eating habits, so surely u dont live larger. and what's that u bath more frequently, my gawd have u ever been outside of your backyard? what a blatant false propaganda effort. your dear america is well on his way to a police state, like it is also the uk, denying that is just intellectual corruption.

#14     Dec 31, 2006
  5. Except europe isn't a "country", and what your referring too is simply evolution .

Lets say, each and every state in the US was an independent country, whose borders were viciously fought over for a thousands odd years, with vastly different languages spoken throughout, do you really think it wouldnt resemble "europea " as it stands now?

And your intitial comment about nationalism , or militarism, i think is off base, in light of that fact, its a quirk of historical timeing and demographics, not a rock solid absolute.

#15     Dec 31, 2006
  6. lets not turn this thread in another european are pussies and americans are tough [savage?], please.

let's hear some comments on the links.

#16     Dec 31, 2006
  7. Ok, but whats to comment on?
    The 14 points outlined are standard stuff, nationalist propaganda and financial relationships between government and big business are par for the course, even in pre bronze age society.

If the extent of that relationship via personal freedom's is a defining factor, then sure, you can smell the fascism anywhere-and the bigger the power, the more rotten the abuses become.

Bitstream,
    RE;, italy, with its whacky zany laws and legal strucure, i recall reading that the vast majority of these laws were never in actuallity enforced, due to the high odds of people revolting-an article from the 80's if i recall.

Is that your current imperession, or is it more a case of "saving" up these obscure and rotten laws for a rainy day, if you like?

#17     Jan 1, 2007
  8. italy law is a mess. but that is another matter. we are talking about freedom, liberites and rights, all things going down the toilet as fast as diahrrea in your country. that aint propaganda, never before u had the constitution shred to pieces. u guys are good, if the govt tries to increase gas prices u make a revolution, thing we aint got the balls to do and now pay as much as 10 times of what u pay for a gallon of gas. so...why are u taking all this abuse, that's what bugs me, seems like you are not anywhere near at your breaking point. when u find uselves imprisoned into secret camps for criticizing your president it may be a touch too late, dont u think?

#18     Jan 1, 2007
  9. Sure, i couldnt agree more-except im australian, and i still agree.
    The pervasive influence of anglo us policy has been the backbone (or lack of spine, depending on how you look at it) of this country, every whim and imported socio-legal trend adopted as defacto policy as a matter of course, directly from conservative american politics.

I was just curious as to the state of affairs in italy, a country with, historically, an enormous disdain for politics, provided it doesnt interfere with their lives, their happy-fair impression, or no?

Just as good a question, perhaps, is Berlesconi regarded as a thatcherite, in the same way howard is here?

#19     Jan 1, 2007