SMBCapital = YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Spectre2007, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha

You know... it looks awfully like they are using a green screen, and then inserting themselves into the background, as if they are talking in front of a bunch of traders. Haven't even listened to more than 30 seconds to analyze the content, but the setup is kind of gimmicky. Might as well also add in some half naked women to show what all your future profits will attract. :)

Tim Smith likes this.
  2. Gotcha

Gotcha

So I watched one video, on how high win rate is over rated.

Although I don't disagree with this, if he is going to talk about his own trades, why not just show his damn chart with his trades. Why to to the trouble to draw in arrows, and then even the circles where he says he scaled out and then scaled back in?

This loser video is a perfect example of how essentially ET functions. Every "gifted" trader on here talks about their hot shot trading, and nobody produces a chart with entries and exits. LOL Only on ET, a website about trading, can people go on and on and on about everything but actual trades.

I might watch more videos before I write these guys completely off.

DDR likes this.
  3. I looked at their website, besides their videos, looks like 'university' fee based model. Originally thought it's a prop shop with a training program. But seems like geared towards the general public.

The things they discuss has utility for someone new to trading and all the mechanics that go into it.

4. wintergasp

wintergasp

A) He likely executes elsewhere than on his charting platform. This is standard in the institutional world and is also the way I execute for the hedge fund I work for. This is because the company needs to manage risk on each traders / quant so they develop their own "execution platform" with limits on sizes, etc.

B) At the exception of his "read the tape" thing, you should agree with his main point which is that losing 9 times out of 10 can still be very profitable if your losses cost you 1 and your winnings make you 20. In all my career, the only guys I've seen to successfully survive follow this risk management approach.

DDR and dealmaker like this.

5. cool video regarding system development.

kent likes this.
  6. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Definitely a green screen job. No doubt about it.

7. Gotcha

Gotcha

Although this is a good answer that makes sense, its just too convenient.

This is example is also very cherry picked. Fortunately CL allows for these very big 1 dollar moves so that if you're risking 10 cents on each trade, you can catch a huge winner, and other markets of course don't allow this. If in the ES you're using 2 point stops lets say, after about 4 or 5 losing trades and down 10 points, you've basically gone through the entire average daily range and aren't going to get a 15 or 20 point runner to make up for this. So this example is absolutely right in terms of theory, but I'm not sure if most of his days go like this.

8. wintergasp

wintergasp

The odds that you get stopped out 4 times in a single day in ES with a stop loss of 8-10 ticks is pretty slim especially these days where the market is very directional (that is unless you are contrarian trading).
    Just my two cents everyone's trading system is different

9. Gotcha

Gotcha

But if what you need to make is 8 points, then very often you might not be able to make this anymore after the first few stop outs because the move is done. This entire February has been an anomaly. When you look at the hourly chart, its nothing but a straight up staircase. So sure, if all you try is longs, and your timing is bad, but eventually get into a trade that doesn't stop out and hold for 8-10 points then sure, it would have worked nicely. But you can't trade like this since this isn't how the rest of the months will go. For most of December and January we were stuck in a range.

To keep trying the same trade over and over until it finally sticks and then hanging on to cash out big is not a strategy that works most of the time in my opinion. For CL, perhaps, because 1 dollar moves are very common, so 10 or 15 cent stops can be absorbed if you catch the winner, but for ES, this isn't the norm in my opinion.

#10     Feb 25, 2017