SMB Capital New York

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by brutusmaximus, Jan 11, 2011.

1. are they getting smart or so embarrassed that they resort to this today

Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our AM Meeting is to actively trade FNSR.

lol

#51     Mar 9, 2011
  2. Roark

Roark

Tomorrow it will be:

Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our AM Meeting is to actively trade.

Where do I signup for their $10K training course? I'm sure they really need the money.

#52     Mar 9, 2011
  3. Their IQ must be skyrocketing.

No AM talk at all.

#53     Mar 10, 2011
  4. Who really cares? I wouldn't expect my prop firm to tell me what to trade. I rely on myself and fellow traders to call things out. If someone wants to shell out 10k to "learn to trade" then good luck to them! If they can get suckers to pay it well then hats off to them.

I'm sure what they teach is great and gives every traders a good basis but no one can make you $$$ except yourself. If your looking at their AM ideas Stock777 for a way to make $$$ then maybe your the confused one.

Trade your own ideas and trade them with conviction

#54     Mar 10, 2011
  5. Roark

Roark

I saw that too. No best AM idea for March 10, 2011. I guess they realized that it's making them look like idiots.

#55     Mar 10, 2011
  6. RobertG

RobertG

They used to be really good, but they went retail type promo all the way by hooking up with other retail educators to present together. They had a show with some Kid who looked like 15 on Stocktwits...he was talking about Bollinger and Divergence. This is what I need a prop shop for?

#56     Mar 10, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I saw this ad from SMB.

SMB Capital is excited to offer a unique opportunity for new and developing traders to progress from entry level trader to portfolio manager (PM).

We are offering the most comprehensive training program for short-term equities traders on the Street. Recently, we have created an extended training program to create a clear career path for new traders from entry level trader to PM. New trainees will study under experienced trading mentors and some of the most recognized short-term traders in the prop trading industry.

SMB Capital created this career path to offer new traders a 5-year portfolio manager career track. New traders will spend two years training and trading where they will develop essential trading skills. Then the best traders after two years will have the opportunity to further their training and trade a bigger book with some of the highest earning intraday traders on the Street. During this next career phase, traders will trade with more size and further develop their technical analysis and risk management skills. The best traders eventually will be offered the opportunity to manage a larger portfolio with several different asset classes.

This is a very unique opportunity to receive training from and trade with some of the most accomplished traders on the Street. The partners in this world-class training program are widely sought out by financial and news media for their expertise. Participating partners and senior traders regularly appear on CNBC, Fox News, and StockTwitsTV, and are cited in TheStreet.com, SFO Magazine, IBD, WSJ and several other publications.

We are looking for individuals with the following characteristics:
    -Passion for the Markets
    -Demonstrable History of Success
    -Entrepreneurial
    -Focused
    -Controls Emotions
    -Great teammate
    -Coachable

**All live trading by trainees will be done through T3 Trading Group, LLC an SEC registered broker dealer with the CBOE.

#57     Mar 10, 2011
  8. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

How does one do a check on a CBOE firm? With FINRA firms, you have their site, but where can you check on these CBOW firms?

#58     Mar 11, 2011
  9. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

CBOE - my bad

#59     Mar 11, 2011
  10. #60     Mar 11, 2011