SMB Capital New York

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by brutusmaximus, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our AM Meeting is to get long APKT as long as it’s holding above 74.50.

Total fail.

They had a few winners this week, but the success rate looks quite random and of course the exits are not defined so impossible to get a real p&l on these stabs.

#41     Feb 18, 2011
  2. Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our AM Meeting is to get short MCP as long as it is holding below 46.50.

On a huge down day, this was a pretty lame call. 99% you got stopped out for a loss on this

#42     Feb 22, 2011
  3. today they posted YESTERDAYS commentary in error. still there at 11am

nice job checking your work guys

#43     Feb 25, 2011
  4. todays turd

Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our AM Meeting is to to get long SODA as long as it is holding above the 47.00 level.

Near 47, CRASHED to 41 after 15 minutes, these guys are clowns

#44     Mar 1, 2011
  5. no vendetta, I have a world class sniffer that detects bullshit 100 miles away.

#45     Mar 1, 2011
  6. pegasys1

pegasys1

You can get the same, if not better training at a true prop shop, even with 0 experience if you are smart and willing to work hard and long for no money. A true prop shop is highly invested in your success. If you don't win they lose.

Though a true prop has to trade its traders, aka cut losers short (fire you quick if they don't think you have the ability or the drive to succeed), and let the winners run (provide mentoring, training, and whatever else you need to become a profitable trader for the firm).

They also want you to stick around once you are profitable, so a true prop will do everything they can to inspire loyalty among their traders. Really, you just want the people you trade for's interests to be in line with yours.

#46     Mar 3, 2011
  7. I read "One good trade" last summer.

Mike Bellafiore do present himself and his shop very realistic in my opinion. He believes in hard work and being interested in what you do.

Their trading ideas are just ideas. During the entire book he keeps stressing the importance of cutting losses early. As he says, the alternative ends careers in this business.

What stands out to be is the way he describes different market conditions, and how to respond to them. You have to be dynamic and able to change your strategy all the time. I think many traders are looking for the one good trading strategy that will always work. In my experience this does not exist.

#47     Mar 7, 2011
  8. Our best AM Idea for today, which we highlighted in our is to buy NKE if it breaks above 90.00

lol, check out the chart on this turd. Instant loser.

These guys are frauds. There are 10,000 traders that can talk a good game and 2 or 3 that can trade it. Guess where these guys fall in.

#48     Mar 7, 2011
  9. smb talking about their 'best am' crap on their blog.

funny stuff

they're never gonna fix this crap r they

ou are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.

#49     Mar 7, 2011
  10. they did it again today. stench

#50     Mar 8, 2011