SMB Capital $5k Training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sobepehopeful, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They wanted to charge me $10K for training and I have more experience than they have.

I said no thanks I won't pay $10K to learn how to scalp/daytrade.

They offered me the "job" without even seeing my resume just an unsolicited email I sent to them.

I will not let this firm advertise for free here, to rake $10K per sucker.

Won't happen guys.

#41     May 7, 2009
  2. I am sure that you have more experience than me..however, that being said, what says it that you "have more experience than they have"? Also, while I am sure SBM is not perfect, he did answer some of the critics in this thread. I will say that prop firms interest me and hopefully at some point I can make the grade. so this topic is of interest to me.

Now the question of them offering you a job without even seeing your resume is hard for me to believe. Are you sure they didnt say something to the affect of " we are sure that you would do well with our firm... come on in and let's partner together"? Because if that's anything like what you received, that's called marketing.

#42     May 25, 2009
  3. When did they doubled their trading fee from 5k to 10k?

They all increasing thier fees by several fold.

#43     Aug 1, 2009
  4. AK100

AK100

They always are aren't they.

#44     Aug 2, 2009
  5. LOL

Times are getting tougher and tougher for these firms. Newbies are churning through the "training fees" at a much faster rate while not generating enough revenue.

#45     Aug 2, 2009
  6. You forfeit your enrollment or training fee even if you never lose a dime of the company!

This fee is not to protect these prop from loss incur by newbies.

Many firms are now more interested in getting these big fees instead really help their traders to trade well anf profit from the gains of the traders.

SMB may be better than most, as it seem to provide a fairly comprehensive training program for their fees.

Many other firms that charge hefty fees offer nothing more than what you can get from videos and books.

#46     Aug 2, 2009
  7. ronin_g

ronin_g

SMB's web site has no phone number (just a contact form to fill out) and they are not listed in the phone book.
    Does anybody have a number to contact them?
    Tx.

#47     Aug 10, 2009
  8. cstfx

cstfx

email them and they will contact you. they probably don't have a number posted because they don't have a receptionist (it's not that type of firm) and they don't want to spend the day answer calls from people who may not be serious. If you are serious, shoot them an email and start a dialogue.

#48     Aug 10, 2009
  9. ronin_g

ronin_g

thanks cstfx,
    I submitted their form early last week but got no reply. I will send an email, although it will probably go into the same inbox.

#49     Aug 10, 2009
  10. multiscan

multiscan

detective99

Lets do some math from spencermagic's 05-03-09 post...

"Mike and I started trading in the mid 90's."
    +"I became aware of ET only after trading for about 10 years." (he didn't say recently)

Seems like this makes sense to me.

If you smell a rat...it must be in your office

#50     Sep 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.