Smashing Equipment in Anger?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Satan's Helper, Aug 24, 2012.

1. When I was trading and lost several thousand a few days in a row, I would scream at myself in my apt and driving to/from work in my car.

Right now I smash my keyboard with my fist only when I lose at a computer game. My 'k' key has to be pressed really hard in order to print the letter.

getting angry/frustrated is not alpha maleish so I'm trying to stop :(

#21     Aug 24, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

if you are smashing the shit around in anger-you REALLY need to reduce your size.

#22     Aug 24, 2012
  3. I hope this is not to much information. But I think I need to be excused after watching that because I think I sh!t Myself!!!!!

#23     Aug 24, 2012
  4. You sound like a real degenerate.

#24     Aug 24, 2012
  5. Lighten up! I do it in the name of God and the bible clearly states it is OK.

Oh yeah don't you Mess With My Leggos or ELSE!

Yeah you got the message....

[​IMG]

#25     Aug 24, 2012
  6. themickey

themickey

Maybe violence has something to do with maturity???
    I've noticed Americans love violent themes in movies, TV and games where the Europeans (except the poms) are more into cultural stuff.
    Violence is similar to anger, it's something which needs to be dealt with as it's a road to nowhere me thinks.
    We have angry people at work, always bitching, moaning, saying nasty things. Real turnoff. I avoid them like the plague.
    It's easy for me to say this as I'm in my 60's, but violence I think is a result of not having the right mental state to deal with problems.
    Obviously young people don't have life experiences to have attained this.
    One needs to look ahead and attempt to set in place contingencies to deal with negative possibilities which may come in the future.
    If you are in a risky environment (Trading/work/Job insecurity/poverty trap/bad neighborhood etc) and don't look ahead at setting yourself up to deal with the issues which will negatively affect you, then you leave yourself wide open to getting hurt which often leads to frustration which may lead to anger issues. We all want to gain and grow in the future, but if we drive down a risky road with lack of seatbelts there's a good chance you will wear some pain from your lack of effort to cushion yourself.
    At the moment I'm employed in a job which is OK, but I really hate it, I sit at a desk all day surrounded by angry people which I dislike. Well I put up with it but while I'm doing that I am flat out at home making money in trading (auto) and also looking for alternative employment more suited in order to GTFO of this situation. I'm in this situation as my previous boss went broke after the GFC and I had to leave a great job. Also travelled a great deal in my life which is not altogether healthy for the bank account.

#26     Aug 24, 2012
  7. Sorry to hear you have a job! There is nothing worst then doing something you don't like...

Yeah you are right it is the maturity level and environment that can trigger anger. Put a good person in a bad situation and WHAMO....

As for Americans of course we are violent people.... I don't get why any other country would try to stand up to us. Hell we have Jerry Springer
    and that should say enough about us as a nation...

#27     Aug 24, 2012
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

I do it all the time. One of my keyboards is beyond repair at this point. I had a cheap desk (mdf) before I crushed it into a pile of rubbish. I'm surprised I didn't break my hand on that desk. I now have a similar cheap desk - only a matter of time before it dies. I've also totally obliterated the bottom of a chair by pounding it into the ground as hard as I could. I never touch my nice stuff like monitors though. I just tear up the cheap crap that I have because I know I can replace it without consequence.

I could just sit there and stew but I just get it out quickly and am done with it. It normally helps me to refocus. But everybody is different.

#28     Aug 24, 2012
  9. It's definitely called animal cruelty.

I hope someone sees him next time and reports him.

What kind of sicko comes on a trading board to brag about it?
    Obviously this one.

#29     Aug 24, 2012
  10. sprstpd

A lot of traders seem to like breaking key boards... As much as of a Angry Andy as I sound I do very little damage.... More of a mouth on me then anything else...

After everything is said and done it does make me feel a little better... The pressure is gone!

Thinking about it, anger might not be a bad thing... I have recently discovered Grand Theft Auto for my amusement... After playing for a while I am much happier..

A dream of mine if I were Da man or at least Chuck Norris.... LOL

[​IMG]

#30     Aug 24, 2012