SmartTradeFX anyone trade through them?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by athlonmank8, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Looks like they still accept US clients on 200:1 leverage (should be enough to hang myself). Tight spread and ECN.

Am I missing something?

I'm looking to open a new account and next on my list is Oanda.

Just looking to hear if anyone's gone through them.

2. JamesL

JamesL

If you are looking to gamble then I say go for it but if you are looking to trade then you are better off going straight to OANDA.

3. yeah because reduced leverage is some sort of edge these days huh? Wow thanks for the advice (or lack thereof). I guess all those MORONS who used to trade FX back in the day didn't realize the CFTC was trying to save the day and convert them to profitable traders. If that's the case, maybe I should lower my leverage to -10:1 and make some real money! Can't wait till it starts to pour in! Well, I'm off to go gamble my life savings. Thanks again for the amazing insights!

4. JamesL

JamesL

Whatever you say, junior.

(Ah the joys of being young and stupid!)

5. No, i'm not trying to follow in your footsteps.

Explain to me how gambling and leverage relate. Type up a couple of sentences. Then relate it to being "young and stupid."

Just because more leverage would hang your ass in less time it than it takes Pee Wee Herman to finish up in the movie theatres, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else on this site.

Go trade the fuckin Eurodollars and get off my thread

6. JamesL

JamesL

You don't own the threads, junior. And watch your tongue.

BTW, do you really believe the CFTC was trying to save your ass by lowering leverage?

Also, since you obviously didn't read their site, when does padding the spread and MT4 equate to STP processing, which is what a true ECN market is?

7. Junior?! Woah ET tough guy huh? I'm sorry to talk down to such a astute trader but you're not done answering my question.

I do too. See my name at the top? athlonmank8.

And so far you have answered 0 of the questions I asked. Are you some sort of delinquent?! I don't understand how you have to capacity to trade, much less turn on the computer in the morning.

8. TRS

TRS

:D
    If you want 200:1 leverage consider Futs.

9. Well there we go!!! Some useful information! I can't believe it's that hard these days.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I take back everything i said.

So to answer your questions:

1. I NEVER trade at full leverage and have no plans on it. You're an idiot to do that.
    2. There's no sense in tying up my capital for scalping all day.

I don't walk into the market drooling on my keyboard. I've been here since the '90s.

10. lol thanks. That was where I was heading next. :)

#10     Dec 18, 2010