"smart routing".... IB vs. CYBERTRADER

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by larrybf, Feb 19, 2005.

1. I thought quotetracker is free anyways. Even without any trading account. I have it on my computer now and it's free. I never paid a dime for it. Nice software for a freebie.

#21     Feb 24, 2005
  2. its always free, but to get rid of ads, increase max # of days on charts and get access to streaming API, you have to have it registered. In the case of CyberTrader clients, QuoteTracker will register itself automatically. A few others too (MB Trading, etc). Others have to pay for the registration

#22     Feb 24, 2005
  3. I did right click and found the market depth window. I just got off the phone with IB and they told me that they do not have a regular level 2 window like other software. They have their own. It is not what I am use to. I prefer to trade with a level 2 that looks like this [​IMG]
    IB, looks nothing like this. If they ever change their software, to the more standard level 2 window, then I would consider them.

#23     Feb 24, 2005
  4. Rushtrade = cool platform :) Bad commissions :(

#24     Feb 24, 2005
  5. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hello, I'm currently with CyberTrader and very happy with them. The smart routing system from CyberTrader is customizable to suit your style of trading. I rarely use it though as I usually route ECN direct.

I'm looking forward to open another account for swing trading and IB + Quote Tracker would be the perfect combination. However, IB's commissions are a little too high for me. I'm looking at Choice Trade right now, but they use esignal as their data vendor ( I'm not sure), according to the forum here, esignal is not reliable.

Decisions....decisions...:)

#25     Feb 24, 2005
  6. Choicetrade has multiple platforms. The TradeSTream stuff gets data from TradeStream, not sure about the others. You may want to ask them about it.

#26     Feb 24, 2005
  7. Well, IB does have a fee if you don't trade at all, but its so small that its negligible. CyberTrader Pro fees if you don't make the minimums are a bit high. They may however have something where you can put the account on hold in case of extended vacation. They tend to be pretty flexible. They do tend to target higher volume traders

#27     Feb 24, 2005
  8. Schaefer

Schaefer

Actually CT is very flexible. Yes, they do require you to put in at least 40,000 shares/per month minimum, but if you didn't make it for whatever reason, they will go back and use the month with the highest number of shares for the last three months and/or average of the last three months, whichever is higher. I think it's pretty reasonable. For example, I'm working/perfecting my new system right now and I hardly traded anything this month. I will not have to pay the monthly fee for this month as CT will use the last month's share totals.

But all said and done, you cann't beat IB's monthly fee/waiver schedule :)

#28     Feb 24, 2005
  9. I can't imagine why you are attacking Def and Jerry Medved, but anyone who has been around here for long knows they are two of the most respected, helpful and professional people in the business.

#29     Feb 24, 2005
  10. DaveN

DaveN

OK all, a gentle reminder....please keep the discussion focused on opinions and issues. Personal attacks accomplish nothing constructive.

#30     Feb 24, 2005