Smart Phone Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oraclewizard77, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Sprint smart phone android operating system (previous smart phone had Windows operating system):

1) Is there a way to make the phone not ring or vibrate for incoming calls. For example, I want the phone on, but I don't want to turn it off for example while watching a movie.

2) It keeps making a beep when I get an e-mail from yahoo and Gmail. Is there a way to prevent sounds from coming out of the phone when I get e-mails?

3) I would like the phone to play music when a call comes in, how do I download and pay once not monthly for a pop or rock ring tone?

4) I have the ability to turn on desktop clock, how do I keep it on the clock and not go to lock mode for example when I am not touching the phone.

2. Only have limited experience with android but if your somewhat familiar with the phone...
    1 sound profile and place on silent
    2 look for alerts in the menu. Should be under sounds or email (alerts)
    3 sync phone with pc and place music in phone or external card. Selecting the song should give the option to set ringtone.
    4 do you want the phone to display clock all the time? If so it will kill battery but it can be done under settings for the lock screeen.

3. Thanks, I will work on it.

4. Anyone have this Epic 4G phone (Sprint service)? Thoughts or comments on it?

Am considering picking one up this week.