Smart phone friendly Elite trader?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by brocklanders, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Any plans for this in the near future? Browsing and posting on here from an iOS or android device is not very easy. Thanks.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I am posting this reply from an android phone. I'm not seeing the difficulty you are seeing. Please explain.

3. Couple of things:

1) The text is too small for a mobile browser. You have to re-zoom every page even after adjusting the page view from the home page.

2) The navigation links are too small. Trying to hit the "go to last post" or page number links on a smart phone is 50/50 at best. Usually you end up going to the wrong place.

It is not impossible but could probably do for some updating. Making buttons instead of the small numbers or arrows might help for instance but the zoom issue is hard to work around for every page...

Other forums on I've seen have added a "mobile" version specifically designed for iOS or Android in addition to the native browser version.

4. byteme

byteme

I use ET on my Android and it's awesome.

Having said that, people have mentioned the issue with the navigation links before: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192995

Increasing them a point or two with a little more spacing could help.