Smart Money's Swing Trades Thru T.A.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Smart Money, Jun 9, 2010.

1. If some fool will sell you TZA for less than $6.50, it would be good to buy it.

#31     Jun 14, 2010
  2. Hit a low of $6.49 before driving back up (so far).

Interestingly, Ford hit $11.60 today. In fairness...a rising tide raises all boats.

#32     Jun 14, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Haven't had a chance to reply to your PM yet. I'm a retail Broker, and Investment Advisor. Just finished scarfing down a salad, a tuna steak, and wanted to check ET before I get back to it.

Looks like you've done well on the NFLX trade. (Yes, I own it.) It's getting close to $126 and has more legs imo. I'm wondering if this up market is going to hold, but am not worried about NFLX.

F worries me some, but I bought it back in 09 for $1.51, and rode it up to $11 and some change before selling. I will PM you my stop criteria if you want to know it. (Yes I know, wish all picks did that.:)

#33     Jun 14, 2010
  4. Cool. Yeah...bear in mind that I'm only forecasting like 3 days ahead...I don't know where F or NFLX will be in the next month, year, etc. I can only see 3 days out and that is assuming nothing unusual rattles the market.

This sounds like a cop out, but right now, the market is in a very "unstable" place. Take a look at any market and remember that index average. If it moves 1/2% in either direction from where it sits now, it will keep going for at least another percent beyond that. That being said, I think it will move down because of how far and how fast it has moved lately. I think TZA is a buy right now because of that, but man...a person could get killed with the a gap down tomorrow. I'm going to wait for the markets to move 1/2% in either direction and pile on with a leveraged ETF.

I'd put moving stops on NFLX...looks like it's beginning a blow off to the upside.

Steve

#34     Jun 14, 2010
  5. TZA now at $6.75 and rising as the markets (start?) to fall. Stopped out of NFLX...dumping longs might be prudent here.

SM aka Steve :)

#35     Jun 14, 2010
  6. And if you were smart enough to buy it at $6.50, you've made about 5%. Geezus, man, don't be greedy! Sell some off! Nobody can perfectly forecast anything!

SM

#36     Jun 14, 2010
  7. OK, TZA is up nicely and I still am not seeing anything indicating that it will continue on up. I mean, something is supposed to happen in my graphs by now that hasn't....indicating we are still in a "dead zone" and markets could go up and markets could go down.

Bottom line is that I can't predict one way or the other which way the market will go tomorrow. So I'm selling my TZA to protect against a suprise gap opposite of what I'd like to see. 5% is nothing to sneeze at.

SM

#37     Jun 14, 2010
  8. This is Elitetrader -- were you looking for eHarmony?

#38     Jun 14, 2010
  9. I enjoy movies, walks on the beach, and technical analysis. :)

#39     Jun 14, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Market couldn't keep it's legs. I'll reply later to the earlier posts.

#40     Jun 14, 2010