Smart Money Still Not Buying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Woodrow97, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Woodrow97

Woodrow97

Bloomberg Smart Money Flow Index, which has been highly correlated with the SPX for the past 20 years, has plunged over -30% since Jan 26, 2018. While the major indices hit ATH last year, the SMI fell significantly. Last quarter, despite the double digit rally in world markets, smart money flow has never returned to pre-selloff level of 16158.

Bear market rally is about to fade. Caveat emptor.

55943848_704316643343055_1495988644509384704_n (1).png

2. ET never got the memo

3. Woodrow97

Woodrow97

I've been lurking here for a while, it's a great forum. In addition to that, roughly 85% of the members here are either long term investors, selling naked puts, or permabulls.

It can be quite frustrating to repeatedly run into hunting parties in the woods, as a bear :p

CSEtrader likes this.

4. Did you say long term investors? LT being 5 minutes?

New definition of Tops/Bottoms:

Tops are when Bears get slaughtered at ET. Stalkers will hunt you down
    Bottoms are when bulls get slaughtered at ET. Stalkers will eat you while you're still alive.

lisa-world-travel and Jgills like this.
  5. Woodrow97

Woodrow97

There is no doubt this game is like a Safari.
    The million dollar question is: when do the hunters become the hunted?

The pros are very good at this game, but every once in a while there is a fellow who leaves his rifle behind in his convoy while taking a leak........

sandra_ae-eng likes this.

6. For your answer look at overall topping. since Jan 26, 2018 worldwide

Pros are gone, TP, cashed out, Adios.

What's left in the frothy current (or any) Top are the millions and millions of fellas because of whom the word STAMPEDE came into being. I left the arena when it was soooooooo quiet. But just you wait for this upcoming, expected turn. Trampling of bodies in the mad rush for the exits will be clearly visible in the waterfall decline. Stampede!

lisa-world-travel likes this.
  7. For Woodrow only: :). :). the others are the hunters you mentioned in the Safari - they are gunning for me., hahahahahahaha. I have to keep my language Sesame Street instead of Wall Street. :):)

Legendary investor Bernard Baruch whose style mine approximates said

I made my money in stocks by getting out early
    NEVER follow the crowd
    I never lost money by turning a profit

The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many men as possible.
    (application: who would the stock market rather kill, lonesome Fibo or thousands at ET?)

Something that everyone knows, isn't worth anything
    (for example, everyone at ET knows everything)

creme de la creme is:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    (application: Fibo does this natively. .... but. warned, warned with expusion, suspended from my own thread for weeks as punishment, complaints from members up the yazoo)

----------------

My excuse: :)

It was many years ago I became what I am
    I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb
    Now I can never show my face at noon
    So you only see me walking by the light of the moon

The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast
    I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest
    So I pray to God above, why must I love what I destroy
    And destroy the thing I love

:). :). :).

8. dozu888

dozu888

Seems you guys are finding moral support in each other. Cherish it lol. You gonna needed. And fibo hows it going with your $42m paper money.

Bears are really just empty handed bulls.

9. The last bounce from 12000 to 14063... isn't that the 1st quarter of 2019?

10. Specterx

Specterx

What is this index and how is it calculated?

Looks screwy to me - and not very reliable for signaling, or confirmation. The Dow more than doubled from 1955-1972 while this index fell from 10k to 7k. Now all of a sudden it's collapsed 40% in a year?

That's not to say that we can't get a bear market, but surely there are better pieces of evidence to be looking at.

#10     Apr 5, 2019
    sandra_ae-eng likes this.