Smart money in NQ

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by veggen, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Filters are pointless.
    "Smart Money" is going to fragment their orders...

#11     Dec 6, 2008
  2. veggen

veggen

When institutions are hedging their positions and buying/selling thousands and thousands of contracts, do you seriously think they can fragment their orders so much that it wont show on my >50 filter???

please.........

#12     Dec 6, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Veg:

Ignore the trolls here, any little trick or indicator that makes you a few Krones is worthwhile!

e s

#13     Dec 6, 2008
  4. veggen

veggen

Very true! I will remember that.

If the krone could strenghten itself a bit as well, that would also help.

#14     Dec 6, 2008
  5. thegress

thegress

Hello,

Try Nasdaq data store, the Market Force and Market Velocity or (beta) Pathfinder still under development for short term. Both from exchange to show overall buy/sell pressure. Don't let the price scare you away*! The speedo type screen on market force should be available first of year according to support.

Regards,

*Free to 5$/mo.

#15     Dec 7, 2008
  6. veggen

veggen

Buy sell preassure indicators already exist? Could you maybe provide a web page where I can find some more information? Sounds interesting.

veggen

#16     Dec 7, 2008
  7. <i>"When institutions are hedging their positions and buying/selling thousands and thousands of contracts, do you seriously think they can fragment their orders so much that it wont show on my >50 filter??? please........."</i>

It doesn't work that way. #contracts reflected in blocks on your T&S dome have nothing to do with how they are entered. The data shows how they got filled.

If you are "smart money" and place an order to sell-open 100 NQ contracts on Monday, your block may be filled on the other side like this:

That whole string goes off within one second's time on the dome. It is your 100-lot being filled across first resting orders as they appear in line. Nowhere can you see 50-contracts traded as block size... when in fact it was a 100-contract block going off.

See the difference? Reading block trades on a dome is not simple as setting some arbitrary filter and using that data for anything worthwhile.

Everything necessary to know exists in the chart itself. T&S domes are 99.5% red herring.

#17     Dec 7, 2008
  8. veggen

veggen

So you are not using T&S austinp?

The times I use it, and find it quite usefull, is when approching important S/R zones. I look for big orders below/abowe bid/ask. I also look for big orders when break out of patterns.

#18     Dec 7, 2008