smart alerting

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by junkone, Oct 31, 2020.

1. junkone

junkone

i am working full time & trading. many times, i miss my alerts that beeps on phone because i am on the phone in a meeting. Has anyone setup visual alerts like flashing lights so it can catch my attention and at same time make sure that the my co-workers on the phone dont get alerted!!!

2. El Trado

El Trado

Why not automate it? Why do you need to do the trade manually?

3. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Try Tasker on Android
    But I have to ask, if you don't want your co workers alerted aren't they going to be alerted if you keep pushing up the phone to press buy or sell :)

4. userque

userque

Someone already mentioned tasker. IFTTT is another app that may be helpful.

5. junkone

junkone

i have a iphone. what actions can i use with ifttt?

6. userque

userque

It's been years since I played with the app. And I only played with it one time. That said, and as I recall, and believe to also be true now:

You may be able to use the app to give an alert once a particular type of email/text is received by your phone.

Maybe IFTTT will have the type of visual alert you are looking for. If not,

There may be other simple apps out there that can, for example, simply flash the screen.

IFTTT may be able to start such an app on your phone once that particular email/text comes in.

That's the extent of my off-the-top-off-my-head knowledge, memory, and conjecture. You'll have to research it further to confirm, and for details.

7. junkone

junkone

i like this to flash screen. if i can get it to flash my windows 10 desktop screen, it will be great. will keep looking in ifttt

8. userque

userque

Since you've mentioned using Win10; also consider using Outlook and its pop-up alerts.

9. junkone

junkone

userque likes this.