Small time Daytraders - what is a good return?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ninety, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Cutten

Cutten

When you lose your edge, just research and find another one.

#31     Aug 21, 2008
  2. when you say "small time daytraders"...is that with a $1,000, $2,000 to $4,000 account?

#32     Aug 21, 2008
  3. bkveen3

bkveen3

I always see people use the word "edge". In all seriousness what in the world do you mean. I don't think I have an edge. But I make money. I just look at the chart and I take notice of the PA at S&R levels in conjunction with Pivot Points and I decide who has control of the market for the time being. I don't feel like this is an edge though. And i hardly believe it is going to disappear. I'm just interpreting the human nature of markets. So my question is, whats wrong with this? Why do people view this as a scummy profession? I see myself as a psychologist of sorts. And as far as having trouble scaling??? Just switch over to the ES. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting orders filled there. By the time you are having trouble getting filled you are rich about a thousand times over. So again. Why is day trading bad?

#33     Aug 22, 2008
  4. schizo

schizo

Here's a system that I use to grade myself on a daily basis:

Let's suppose the daily range of the S&P eMini (ES) had a range of 20 points for the day. Now I divide 20 by 4 to obtain a quartile (eg. 20, 15, 10, 5), which I will use as a scoring system to grade myself:

20 or greater = A+
    15 to 20 = A
    10 to 15 = B
    5 to 10 = C
    1 to 5 = D
    0 or below = F

Had I finished the day with a profit of 12 points, that would earn me a grade of "B" for the day.

#34     Aug 22, 2008