Small Taste of Future: 21,000 Jobs Worldwide Erased Frday as Recession Chokes Demand

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Don't forget about Circut City's 35,000 layoffs

2. Yep, the layoffs are going to mount at a fast & furious pace.

p.s. - Some people hate that facts are being reported, and rate threads one star. They are probably long and hate that they won't be able to dump their losing positions. Stock_turderX3 comes to mind.

3. I'm amazed how slow these businesses are. A trader would have cut their costs a year ago.

4. I don't mean to sound mean or anything here, but will this make businesses smarter in the future? I have always worked at companies that don't have that many employees and often when other companies see us, they are impressed we do with so few people.

I mean when I hear AT&T is laying off 12,000 or so or CC layoffs seem to average to about 60 per store, I wonder - did they ever really need that many people?

Pfizer laying of 2,400 salesmen???? Do they really need anywhere near that many? Have they ever heard of technology?

Maybe someday VZ will be smart and lay off ALL and yes i mean ALL phone tech support (in India and U.S.)- problems with your DSL line - call the automated # and someone will be there within 8 hours. That really shouldn't be so hard unless their equimpent is complete garbage.

JJacksET4