small pistol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Guns and women keep and old man's dick hard. Or might that be just guns?

#51     Aug 4, 2009
  2. The most lethal handgun round in hollow point config is the .40S&W. This is why so many law enforcement agencies have adopted it.

It has ideal penetration, delivers the most efficient energy to its destination, and expands as much as a .45ACP hollow point.

You can carry more rounds in a magazine, and you have the advantage of a little less recoil than with a .45ACP.

There were problems with some early .40S&W failures, because the brass casings of many ammunition brands was too weak at the neck casing, as the .40S&W is a very high pressure round. This has been rectified.

10mm overpenetrates, .45ACP fails to penetrate enough, 9mm doesn't deliver the energy a .40S&W does, and the .357Sig also overpenetrates (but is great for barrier rich environments).

#52     Aug 4, 2009
  3. Interesting point, It has been done to death of course-it appears to be the ultimate "compromise " round, in many respects.

But you know as well as I do, ballistically, or even in energy terms, there is very little separating most of these rounds-even in hollow point configuration.

To say the 10mm "overpenetrates", is akin to saying the 357 mag overpenetrates, which was a concern when it was evaluated for law enforcement use, looking to replace the 38S&W when it first came out.

The 10mm got a bad rap, BECAUSE there were few sidearms capable of the stress fatigue it caused on the metal-yet, a de-tuned version of the 10mm (basically a 40 cal) is standard now.

What do you make of all this?
    Nice collection, BTW.

#53     Aug 5, 2009
  4. And you'd be surprised how easily anyone who really knows how to use a handgun would deny someone the opportunity to do this and drop them if they tried. You're assuming the one with the gun is as inept and ignorant as you :p

#54     Aug 5, 2009
  5. 3121

those that feel the need for a small pistol have a small pistol :p

i'll use my bare hands!

#55     Aug 5, 2009
  6. 666, you never let on you were a fellow gun nut! Full of surprises!

#56     Aug 5, 2009
  7. Hi there! Long time, no see!

#57     Aug 5, 2009
  8. 3121

anyone pulls a rod on me i will shove it up your ass :D

#58     Aug 5, 2009
  9. 3121

this is obscene to decent folk like me.

killing devices, that gives you a chub on???! :eek:

learn to use your HANDS!PUSSY!

#59     Aug 5, 2009
  10. #60     Aug 5, 2009