small pistol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Secret Service carry Sigs in .357Sig because it's a high velocity round, at about 1,500 fps, which penetrates.

Air Marshalls use either Sigs or HKs in .40S&W.

FBI Agents are issued Sig-Sauer also, but they have a roster of approved handguns they can choose from if they'd rather use something else.

Seals carry a variety of handguns.

The DoD encourages Special Ops like Seal units to not stray from NATO universal cartridges, which means 9mm for sidearms, but SEALs have been known to carry .45ACP and even 10mm into the battle.

#31     Jul 31, 2009
  2. I love the 357 Sig round.It penetrates,is more accurate then a 40 imo and many including myself believe it feeds more reliably then the other rounds. My HK is 357 Sig and I bought the 357 Sig barrel for both my 229's :D :D

#32     Jul 31, 2009
  3. If you haven't gotten a hold of Georgia Canned Heat in .357SIG, you should.

It's been clocked at up to 1,670 fps from a compact barrel.

It's good, good ammunition.

#33     Jul 31, 2009
  4. I love shooting 22's also. So accurate.

#34     Jul 31, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

Dare I recommend martial arts for when you just can't get the gun out in time or it jams?

People think that gun vs martial arts is not good but if it's all you've got it's all you've got. It's surprising how much you can get done the moment a guy with a gun blinks.. you have a half second before he can see again, long enough to push a gun aside.... then you can slap his ear or side of the neck then break the arm holding the gun.. and take the gun away and shoot the son of a bitch.. it's not that complicated... and you get a free gun to boot..

#35     Jul 31, 2009
  6. pathus21

pathus21

Keep dreaming.

#36     Jul 31, 2009
  7. I successfully defended myself from being murdered by a hand gun.

I was lightning fast, very proactive, and vastly, almost unimaginably lucky.
    Didn't realise I'd been shot at all , until the medics arrived.
    I doubt with zero martial arts training I would have survived, period.

Don't knock martial arts , man-of course they mostly suck, but I'm alive because of them , to, to some extent.

And why is this in P&R, anyway?

#37     Jul 31, 2009
  8. packs a huge punch for a light pistol, but not auto...........44 mag, 26 oz, 4", made of scandium (lighter than titanium)

#38     Jul 31, 2009
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Whaaaa..???

You skin 'em after you shoot 'em?

:D

#39     Jul 31, 2009
  10. r-in

r-in

Any of you guys collectors and would know a good source to find out about WW II era pistols and their value? I have a Luger and P-38 from WW II that my Dad has handed down to me, and am wondering value so I can make sure they are covered by our homeowners policy in case of theft. They are authentic and had been used to shoot at my Dad right before they were taken from the POS Nazi. Also curious, would it be wise to have a gunsmith look at them if I was thinking about taking them to a range to shoot?

#40     Jul 31, 2009