Small Nuclear War could Reverse Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Scientists from NASA and a number of other institutions have recently been modeling the effects of a war involving a hundred Hiroshima-level bombs, or 0.03 percent of the world's current nuclear arsenal, according to National Geographic. The research suggests five million metric tons of black carbon would be swept up into the lowest portion of the atmosphere.

The result, according to NASA climate models, could actually be global cooling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/26/nuclear-war-global-warming_n_828496.html

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

True but unnecessary.

That big volcano on Iceland is going to blow and the northern hemisphere is going to have a big problem for a year or two.

3. I've been aware of this since the AGW fraud started.

4. Small Nuclear War could Reverse Global Warming

Finally........you and Peil can NUKE each other.

5. But global warming is the biggest fraud in human history.

6. LOL ... now, put on the dunce cap and sit in the corner.................

7. Ricter

Ricter

Bigger than airborne particulate cooling?? Remember "nuclear winter"?

8. My sincere suggestion to world people is that burn/set fire all the waste plastic, waste rubber, waste paper which are lying around for many years and nodody is recycling them. Basically burn all the trash/garbage in the world and create some open space. There is no such thing as global warming.

9. If there were no Global Warming - we would still be in an Ice Age. Humans didn't cause any of the previous thaws - guaranteed.

I agree, global warming is a natural occurance. As the living creatures on Earth increases/explodes, more water is released from ice regions due to warm Earth.

Global warming is a myth. Anyone remember the global cooling fad in the 70's? It's all about money. Politicians have found a scare tactic to inflate their own pockets.

Scientists were recently caught manipulating data since the 90's to create the illusion of global warming. I think George Carlin had it right.

10. Ricter

Ricter

So what you're saying is that there is global warming because if there wasn't we'd still be in the ice ages, and that there is global warming because it's a natural occurence, and that global warming is a myth. Well said.

#10     Feb 28, 2011