small crap is where its at.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Free Thinker, May 14, 2003.

1. Osiris

Osiris

Quote from P2:

VIC is http://www.valueinvestorsclub.com

Probably best site on the web.

INNO- Seems a bit pricey. I will do more research there.
    AGAM- Very interesting little company. More research required there also. Does the insider selling concern you?
    NAII- I have also been watching this stock since the 2's. Great company. My miss. Usually neutraceuticals are poor businesses b/c they have such low barriers to entry.
    STST-Seems pretty fully valued. The insiders seem to think so also. Watch them sell away.

What do you own. You seem to have chosen some good companies. How are the dilution issues at AGAM? Have you been speaking with management at any of these companies? Thanx in advance.

P2, Thanks for your resonse. VIC certainly looks like a great site, too bad I won't be able to check it out too much until I can actually get something together for an application. I have never seen that sort of thing before...good idea though - weeds out people like me :p

As for your q's about the stocks....well, to be honest - these were just tickers that came up in some scans that I have been doing. I noticed them quite awhile ago, back in August-September of '02. I haven't done that much DD on them for the fundamental stuff yet, but:

AGAM - insider selling is always a tuff one for me, you never really know why, not like insider buying which is a bit more clean cut in my view. But looks like only the one director (Brown) has dumped around 60K. Not great but as I said i was interested in this one more in the 6 range, it is a bit high for me, although had I bought it there i would likely not be selling it...yet. As for business, much more work needed on that, they have settled a big suit with IGT, and sounds to me like that is really pumping up there numbers with the royalties this year, not sure if it is recurring though?

INNO - does seem pricey now, however, it is more of a growth play i think, plus I would not buy it now, but would have bought on the B/O.

Whoa...sorry this is getting long, I will just sum up by saying that I am using a really simple strategy of doing some quick fundamental stuff to build a decent group of stocks to watch and then waiting for B/O on volume for the trigger to buy. Really simple, not like the highly complex and mathematical stuff many guys on here talk about. A friend introduced me to it, and he has done very well with it from 2000-now. Please respond as i am interested in your comments on this. I have reviewed some of your earlier posts and strategies and would like to see how they faired over the last couple of years.

Cheers,

Osiris

#31     Jun 15, 2003
  2. $$$MR. MARKET$$$ has all the winners. 20 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better...and counting:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrmarketishuge/

#32     Jun 15, 2003
  3. All you braintrusts had to do was buy TRAD 3 or 4 months ago when version 7 came out. Then you could retire to that South Sea Island I'll be buying.

#33     Jun 15, 2003
  4. actually the run in TRAD and small/thin stocks shows that the small speculator is back in the markets in a big way. This is one of the few contrarian indicators that I think work.

#34     Jun 16, 2003
  5. bronks

bronks

NTWK--Been accumulating this dog for awhile. Finally starting to pay off.

#35     Jun 16, 2003
  6. JORGE

JORGE

Just saw this on Briefing, Chinese toilet paper maker DFCT up over 225%. I guess this qualifies as small crap.:confused:

#36     Jun 17, 2003
  7. just21

just21

How do you find these stocks in the early stages of the move?

#37     Jun 17, 2003
  8. sold Lume @ 27+

thought it was out of business by now!

Why should it be bought??

Ice:cool:

#38     Jun 17, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

talk about huge run up....look at TENF....

UCOMA.....:( did i sell early???

11:57 ET Traders catch the Asian contagion
    Foreign internet stocks are continuing their torrid gains of the past few sessions, with the usual suspects leading the pack: IIJI +60%, CHINA +28%, REDF +21%, EWEB +21%, PCNTF +16%, IGLD +16%, and ASIA +10%. In fact, traders seem to be bidding up almost any stock with operations in Asia or India... The top percentage gainer of the day is Hong Kong-based toiler paper maker DF China Tech (DFCT 1.63 +1.16), which has soared 247% on about 8,000x avg volume. Also moving are noodle maker New Dragon Asia (NWD +33%) and diesel engine manufacturer China Yuchai (CYD +15%). Possibly a little more intriguing to those looking for secondary plays are APT Satellite (ATS +28%), a provider of satellite services througout China that is expected to earn $0.13 this yr and $0.17 next year; Hong Kong-based telecom/Internet co City Telecom (CTEL +12%); and Indian Internet access provider Sify Ltd (SIFY +10%).

#39     Jun 17, 2003