Small correction or the start of a bear market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I remember.....we were flying along, and hit something in the air...

#11     Aug 10, 2007
  2. High-velocity sell-offs have historically (in the last couple decades) not signaled the start of bear markets. If this selling came at the end of a multi-year bear period I'd have a bias to say the worst is over and the last sellers got squeezed out of the market on massive volume. But here? Tough call. Looking at the 10 year charts, I'd still say this is a correction in a bull market.

What's your analysis, S2007S?

#12     Aug 10, 2007
  3. Hang on . . .
    He has to check with CNBC first.
    :D

#13     Aug 10, 2007
  4. As has been the case for many years,
    the queen of after-the-fact analysis rears her ugly head.
    waggie offers no trading predictions whatsoever in this post as is the case in every post she makes.
    just a stuffy response.

#14     Aug 10, 2007
  5. You are such a "nut-case".
    Does your Mommy know you play on the Internet while she is away at work during the day?

As for predictions BEFORE THE FACT, I targeted 1559.09 as the SPX High for this recent top on JULY 9th:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98553

The SPX high came in at 1555.90 on July 16th.

I predicted the TOP in the market before "a large corrective phase" one full week before it occurred, and roughly 3 points away from the actual high.

Meanwhile, you did nothing other than say that the market had topped, well "after the fact".

You are a such a loser.
    Everyone here knows that you don't even trade . .. If you did, you'd put up a "screenshot" of your positions. But because you DON'T TRADE, you have no screenshot to present.

As usual, you have zero credibility.
    Even on a stupid and anonymous internet site that is full of noobs.
    What a loser.

:D

#15     Aug 14, 2007
  6. Chood

Chood

This is a bear market. Many people rejoice in that "pressure" and have been rejoicing in it for some weeks and, in some cases, many months. Take the owners of BX who sold at the top as much of BX as they could. And the real estate mogul who cashed out to BX earlier. And the HF operators who took scalps from bubbles that they knew, by definition, would be followed by busts. And those few small traders who, by emulating those galactic titans, earn pennies from the general devastation of the sheeple. The question isn't is this a bear market? It's did you get yours?

#16     Aug 14, 2007
  7. Great Depression 2.0.

Just wait for the Service Pack.

#17     Aug 14, 2007
  8. It's still a bull market the 200dma slope is still rising, the 10,20,50 are diving, best wait for price to climb back over them before going long again.

Are just try some bottom picking, to conserve capital I would wait.

#18     Aug 14, 2007
  9. Monthly chart.

#19     Aug 14, 2007
  10. The SP500 would need to drop under 1350 or so then I would concede to the bear.

And thats not real far away now is it.

#20     Aug 14, 2007