Small cap rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader963, Dec 11, 2002.

1. How's this?

#11     Dec 11, 2002
  2. Dont pump until i buy it

#12     Dec 11, 2002
  3. It was only like 30 million cap or something. How much could one realistically buy of it without moving the price some 10%?
    With an average volume of 20,000 shares per day it must have taken you a while to accumulate a reasonable position in it :D
    I don't know, small caps are just not for me I guess...

#13     Dec 11, 2002
  4. I'm telling everyone now MTWV it's going up!!!!!!!

In 5 days everyone will wish they bought it!!!! Today

#14     Dec 12, 2002
  5. VLADIATOR- I had wanted about 50k shares of it. I ended up getting about 2/3 of my position in before it started to run. My basis was 2.23. Had I been willing to be more agressive, I think I could have taken 100-150k at around 2.35 avg. I was mainly sitting on the bids, but there were a lot of 10k offers that people took. I don't believe in chasing, so I just let it happen. After yesterday's earnings I took a few k more. On weakness to the low 3's, I'd probably step up for some size again. I don't know if it is worth it in the short term to pay over 4.5 a share though, so I don't want anyone to see this as a hypejob.

Small/micro - caps aren't for everyone, but if your account size is under 2m, I think it's worth your efford. Buying $100,000 of a micro cap is then 5%. That's a decent enough amount to matter. Anything over a 5m account though and it might not be worth it without a locate. As small traders, this is where our advantage lies. Let the big boys screw around in ge. I'll take a ddn or any other quality microcap that's trading at 2-3 X cash flow any day. Especially when cash flow is going to grow at 50%+ a year for a multiyear period into the future.

#15     Dec 12, 2002