Slower economic growth needs to be engineered?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ivanovich, Apr 20, 2010.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Instead of buying into that Malthusian propaganda and the eugenics depopulation "solution", I suggest you ask, "what if I'm being lied to?" Qui Bono? Who benefits from a deindustrialized West, heavy new taxes, and a huge expansion of "Green" bureaucracy?

Better still, why are China and India passed over for oppressive Carbon Taxes, Regulation and Control, when stuffing it to America and Europe ensures remaining industry moves offshore, with a net INCREASE in global CO2 emissions?

Where's the energy problem when there's 100+ years of gas, coal and shale in the United States, alone? Do we really believe cold fusion, tidal, geothermal, solar, space-solar won't generate most of our power by then?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62940520100310

Why did leading global warming climatologist "hide the decline" in global temperatures, cherry pick data, conspire to hide cooling trends from the public, and erase primary source observations? Hasn't the earths climate always been in flux? With the Mid-evil warm period much hotter than it was today, and the little iceage spanning glaciers all the way down to South Carolina? Doesn't cloud cover affect temperature? Doesn't the sun burn in cyclic and mega-cyclic intensity (sunspots), which also affects the relative temperature on earth?

How can peak water be real, when the water cycle continually replenishes natural aquifers, ponds, lakes and underground waterways?

How can there be a population "timebomb" if the UN's own estimates say global population will top out at 8 Billion, then subside?

Finally, why do people repeatedly trust the agenda of Mainstream Media and Politicians who never discuss or mention any of these points? Why do we continually put our trust in media and politicians after they lie, cheat and steal from us, time and time again? Are we a bunch of suckers and chumps? Is this a case of Stockholm syndrome? Or is this a vast experiment in bullying and intimidation? The sheep believe what they're told out of fear they'll be ridiculed by the "authorities" and their fellow sheep? So they accept the brainwashing and never question what they're told out of fear of reappraisal?

#11     Apr 20, 2010
  2. Conservatives are fearful of the Obama progressive agenda. Their mission is to take from those who work hard and give free to those who don’t. Then on Election Day those who get will have to vote for the progressive agenda to keep on getting. And since those who get will vastly out number those who give progressives get reelected. This ploy has been used effectively for thousands of years. Chicago and New York politicians have filled the history books with multiple examples of how this system works.

Want an example? Democrats are counting on the new health care bill to win 30 million new votes to sweep them on to phase 2 of Obamacare. They were not trying to help people with healthcare! Their eventual agenda is absolute control of you and I down to when we brush our teeth. And soon they will be telling you and I how much tooth paste we can use to brush with.

#12     Apr 20, 2010
  3. And how would you factor clean water into that statement that overpopulation is not an issue?

#13     Apr 20, 2010
  4. So you don't think there's a problem with exponential rate of growth in human population with regards to the amount of natural resources on the planet? And please don't give me a UN report that says anything at all, and expect me to believe it.

#14     Apr 20, 2010
  5. Ha! Clean water. I'd like to know how will ever get the pharmaceuticals out of the water. I'd like to know where all the Prozac goes.

#15     Apr 20, 2010
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Poverty encourages child bearing as an old age safety-net for parents. When one (or both) parents no longer work, the children are expected to support them into old age.

When incomes rise, birth rates decline. The alleviation of poverty frees the need for children to look after parents into old age, and couples have less children. This is already happening in China.

The answer to the global population cycle is raise third world incomes. This is already happening via deindustrialization of the West. It's not zero-sum, tho. Third world could introduce free markets, eradication of systemic corruption, low taxes and sound money = wealth creation. Confessions of an Economic Hitman saw to it the West killed that seed before it grew. But I digress. Global population will top out at ~8 Billion because all our jobs got exported to third world economies, raised their standard of living = less children.

#16     Apr 20, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

I think you'd be surprised just how much natural resources this planet has.

Humans are just a loose collection of gnats on the skin of an apple. There's a hell of a lot of area we haven't explored. And new deep drilling technology has opened up another earth of uncharted terrain. Then, there's the moon. Mining and transport from that is easily conceivable with existing technology.

Why don't you give us some examples of natural resources you think are near exhaustion?

#17     Apr 20, 2010
  8. achilles28

achilles28

http://www.ecoloblue.com/

#18     Apr 20, 2010
  9. Lomao, however, it will not be that funny when most Americans, Who have yet to secure wealth, are thrown into poverty by the progressive ideology.

#19     Apr 20, 2010
  10. Ok, Sure. Here you go.

#20     Apr 20, 2010