Slow refresh on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickdes, Feb 6, 2009.

1. nickdes

nickdes

Hi, I have a 4 four monitors set up on 1 computer along with my laptop.

Every now and then the screens freezes up for a second or 2, the question I have is this a video card or cpu problem. I have a dual core amd cpu chip 6 months old. The graphics cards (2) are lower end ATI. The mother board has 2 g of ram... MY guess is the graphics card--but I am not sure where to start.

Any Ideas, thx

Nick

2. gnome

gnome

Could be any of several possibilities. All you can do is test for each until you find the culprit.

If you experience the problem only when running your trading setup, sounds unlikely to be either the CPU or the video cards.

I think I'd be checking out the software first.

3. Plus - what kind of internet connection do you have? You said 4 monitors including a laptop or 4+ laptop? Are you wireless?

What other programs do you have open? What are you trying to refresh?

4. nickdes

nickdes

The data just seems to freeze up, I don't remember having that problem when I had 2 systems running 3 monitors plus one laptop. The laptop is wireless, the Pc is ether connected (sp)

Thx, Nick

5. It sounds like you have a driver problem. It might be something you simply cannot fix, too, because some video cards do not play together nicely. I had two nVidia cards that hated each other.

6. 2gigs of ram is so 2 years ago... bump it up to 4