Slow burn

Discussion in 'Economics' started by John_Doe, Jul 23, 2011.

1. John_Doe

John_Doe

The attitude of the public is getting generally worse but there seems to be no cause attached to it. It's like the science of frogs and hot water, if all that that was done to the public since the start of the Federal Reserve was done at a fast pace then public would jump out of that boiling hot water in revolt. But because the stove is set on slow burn, people know events are getting hot but don't know what's causing it so will end up staying in the system until it's too late.

2. morganist

morganist Guest

People don't care about something until it affects them. Or at least they don't care enough to do anything about it. Governments have set society up so people have a lot to lose if they make a stand and unfortunately the only real stand that makes a difference is violence. People are not liekly to fight unless they have to and that is when it affects them.

3. What is it I'm supposed to be upset about? I'm upset when I pay taxes. Is there something else I'm supposed to be upset about?

4. morganist

morganist Guest

That was the whole point of the post. The economic problems are slowly affecting more and more people. People do not do anything about it because it does not affect them. This is a slow burn and only affects a small number of people at the moment. It will affect society more later, then you will be upset.

5. Upset about what? All they can do to me is tax me.I already told you I'm upset when I pay taxes. Isn't that enough? Do I have to be upset about something else?

I have no idea what you're upset about. If there's something more to this thread than just complaining in general, please educate me.

6. i read this post by Baron where he says that his friend gets beaten and girlfriend raped in their own house that is located in a rich neighborhood. i think this is a good illustration that if the country as a whole goes to sh*t then everybody gets affected to lesser of higher degree.

taxes is just a part of the equation for happiness.

7. Suppose we say the economy effects everyone, to some degree or another maybe not directly but indirectly too. People don't live in a vacuum, they have kids or parents who may be impacted. As long as people still have choices they will not be motivated to direct wrath at the gov't policies.

I'd say right now, the unions are doing most of the grunt work of fighting the pols. They refuse cutbacks, layoffs, give backs, contributing to health care, pensions, etc. In turn, the politicians are trying to incite voters to get angry at the unions. I think the politicians are pointing the finger at the wrong people.