slippage at IDEALPRO

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by KS96, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Big gap down in the HK$ today.
    See attached time and sales market essentially gapped from 7.7645/7.7650 to 7.7539/7.7543. You'd have got filled around 7.7539 in IDEAL-Pro.

#11     Sep 27, 2007
  2. KS96

KS96

I perfectly understand all these.
    (Still, all those crazy huge intraday gaps on no news
    are always suspect, at least, to me.)

All I am saying is that the supposedly
    high liquidity and tight spreads are a myth,
    if you can't get a decent fill.

#12     Sep 27, 2007
  3. sim03

sim03

Steve, with all due respect, I call BS.

You know very well there is no such thing as T&S in forex. What you are showing is strictly from the banks / market makers feeding into your employer's forex platform, IDEALPRO. BTW, not "IDEAL-Pro"... there is no dash... who are you with, again?

I don't trade this pair, but the "big gap" of 106-107 pips you are describing isn't shown on any of 3 other platforms I've checked. Even Oanda, the so-called market maker, has only a small spike that bottoms out exactly at the handle, 7.7600 bid at 2:44:

[​IMG]

7.7539 bid in your T&S is over 60 pips too low.

Predatory, unjustified slippage from the MMs on stop orders (without limit) was already a persistent problem on IDEALPRO, the so-called ECN, over 2 years ago. It seems things haven't changed, even though you have many more banks streaming today. (Obviously not for USDHKD.) What a shame for what otherwise would be one of the best choices around.

#13     Sep 27, 2007
  4. fxpip

fxpip

It was a closing order so we can qualify this as stop hunting , a common practice of retail bucket shops,even IB does it...

#14     Sep 27, 2007