slippage at IDEALPRO

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by KS96, Sep 26, 2007.

1. KS96

USD/CAD sell stop @ 1.0062, filled @ 1.0055
    7 pips slippage at 10:04:45 CET on no news!

Tight spreads my ass...
  2. pma

Ouch KS! Sorry to hear that-time to switch brokers-have you tried trading currency futures on globex? Just trying to help-peace-
  3. fxpip

Was this an entry order or closing one ?
  4. KS96

5. KS96

CS response unsatisfactory as usual:
    "There was a spike."
    Oh, yeah?? That's OK then...
  6. fxpip

Was there some kind of acceleration ?
  7. joemiami

joemiami Guest

7 pips ?...that blows
  8. AC3

That blows..... not sure I read what the size was but as long as it was a dealable size then your owed a decent price .. I understand a point here point there but that is a tough obstacle to get around .....BTW a piece today in the WSJ re the spike in liquidity in cash fx ... given that info you would expect that tighter spreads would follow....
  9. KS96

More problems today:

USD/HKD stop order at IDEALPRO (above the minimum size), executed at IDEAL at a rip off spread.

Official answer:

The order was executed at IDEAL because the price was better than IDEALPRO.
    (Again, there was a huge spike at the time of
    execution, which considered valid, and there
    was no specific reason given for it... according
    to the market-makers, the CR said.)

Here we are talking about an execution of around 40-50 pips away from my stop-price.
  10. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Stops use the bid/ask as the default. So if you had a sell stop in USD.CAD at 1.0062 then you would need to see the ask at our below 1.0062 in order for your stop to trigger. Then a market order is sent and you get filled on the bid.

Check the attached time and sales. Ask is 1.0067 and then drops down to 1.0059. Normal market activity.
    #10     Sep 27, 2007