Sleepy Joe created a disaster . Millions of job openings nobody will work

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SammyJ, Mar 20, 2021.

1. destriero

destriero

The US is (mostly) a service economy; professionals, gig workers and trader wannabees who game one lots and declare cap-gains, in a good year, that don't amount to minimum wage.

#11     Mar 20, 2021
    TrailerParkTed likes this.
  2. I hope your kids will never happen to become employed doctors or nurses or firemen or policemen. I would fear for my life with such work ethics. THIS is what destroys our civilization plus of course incentivizing people to collect welfare cheques.

#12     Mar 20, 2021
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

sure you did, nice link to said article

#13     Mar 20, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  4. I hope you don't honestly believe current policies are better. The problem does not lie with politics but with ethics and moral values. All the way from the top down.

#14     Mar 20, 2021
    Relentless likes this.
  5. I fear this brings UBI at long last but at the same time I look forward to this, the service quality will jump up to never before seen levels. No more demotivated fucks serving me in stores who have no clue what they are doing.

#15     Mar 20, 2021
  6. destriero

destriero

Current policies involve revenue enforcement. Supply side is a comic strip. You used ethics and politics in the same sentence.

#16     Mar 20, 2021
  7. qlai

qlai

I sure hope not, as none of them get appreciated enough. Except doctors who actually strive to work for themselves.

#17     Mar 20, 2021
  8. Neither ever worked. Communism is the pure form of demand side economics. Trickle down also never worked. You are aware that the English grammar allows for contrasts and contradictions to be expressed in the same sentence?

#18     Mar 20, 2021
  9. I made it my personal policy to show my deep appreciation to those who work in risk jobs or undesirable jobs at low wages. I am not alone, though I am afraid in the minority bucket

#19     Mar 20, 2021
  10. qlai

qlai

Your policy means nothing to those on the front lines. Do you want your son to be NYPD while #BLM going on? I don’t. I understand some don’t have a choice, but for those who do, it’s not a wise one, imho.

#20     Mar 20, 2021