Sleepless Nights

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lundy, Jun 6, 2002.

1. lundy

lundy

i think the market has bottomed for the day, and so will be scalping longs. I have a feeling todays close will be higher than Fridays low.

#41     Jun 11, 2002
  2. lundy

lundy

looks like i was wrong, oh well, it's almost time to enter my gap play.

#42     Jun 11, 2002
  3. Why do you believe there will be a gap down tomorrow and if there is, why are you confident it will close?

Just curious, as I am not opposed to your view.

#43     Jun 11, 2002
  4. lundy

lundy

I didn't say that after it gaps it will close.

I said, if it gaps up (opens higher than todays close), then the price will come back to todays close. Therefore, the gap will have closed.

If it gaps down.... i don't know if it will close. I don't see a reason for it to close as the direction is biased down.

Basically, I take a directional bet on the gap, if it goes my way, the gap play is finished and i exit.

If it goes against me, I take profit from my hedge, and double down on the original bet that it will go in my direction because my theories/indicator say so.

I use a customized E-wave theory, and the relationship of volume at pivots. Basically a black box theory that I'm in the process of programming and perhaps will sell to some big wig company.

edit: I also analyze the relationship of a constantly changing pool of stocks based on criteria that i set forward. Using these stocks, i'm able to find information about what will happen that i wouldn't be able to find using just and NDX or QQQ chart.

edit: deleted a paragraph cause i misunderstood u.

#44     Jun 11, 2002
  5. spectre

spectre

Lundy,

Are you invovled in non US markets at all? eg. Eurex.

How are your gap plays working with that?

#45     Jun 12, 2002
  6. lundy

lundy

I havent used my gap plays in any foreign markets but I think it would work as long as the market closed for a certain number of hours like the Nasdaq does. The gap play doesn't work on 24 hour traded instruments like the nq's.

Most of the other plays I have will work on just about anything.

#46     Jun 12, 2002
  7. lundy

lundy

covered my NQ's at the open for +10 points. Selling my calls into this (brief?) rally. :D Will reevaluate whether to get short here or not.

#47     Jun 12, 2002
  8. lundy

lundy

ok short 1106

#48     Jun 12, 2002
  9. lundy

lundy

out half @ 1098 + 8

i'll just scalp on the short side unless we take out highs, then i'll reevaluate, g'luck everyone....

edit: i'm overall bearish, but, I've basically just decreased my exposure after this am's profits

#49     Jun 12, 2002
  10. lundy

lundy

i'm sticking to my plan... if the NDX goes over 1124, i'll reevaluate. NDX double bottom on monthly charts? I very highly doubt it. I've got my orders in, i'm gonna go take a nap cause all this sleepless nights are making me tired.

#50     Jun 12, 2002