Sleep aid: ACV (weightloss and energy boost too)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 14, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

If some of you guys are bad sleepers, here is another help beside a positive P/L, sex, milk, Valeriana, Melotonin, etc.

Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV. There are a couple of good health effects of ACV and one of them is helping sleep. Yesterday I drunk a lemonade/ACV combo at 6 pm and I slept 12 hours...

For health nuts ACV is also good for giving an energy boost and suppressing appetite. You can kiss goodbye to your heart burn and acid reflex too.

https://www.davidwolfe.com/1-tbsp-acv-eliminate-health-problems/

2 things to remember:

1. When you buy it you have to get one with the "mother" in it, like Braggs.

2. When you drink it, you have to dilute it so you don't mess with your enamel or burn your esophagus. ACV is actually alkaline not acidic, so if you mix it with OJ or lemonade, that helps with the taste and the chemical mix of it. I took it in a glass of waterwith lemon and honey and it tasted like a refreshing lemonade.

Try it and thank me later...

2. I personally find a tablespoon of Jagermeister before bed helps me sleep well, o_O ;)

And even before the trading day, opening bell rings, too...it helps me stay calm and level-headed,

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We have Bragg's apple cider vinegar here at the house but I've never tried it for sleep.

Another sleep-aid worth trying is the amino acid L-Theanine. Once capsule of this knocks me out hard.
    61v6BXnMXpL._SX522_.jpg

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

For me, alcohol helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep. Once it wears off a few hours later, I wake up in the middle of the night, and sometimes I can't even fall back asleep.

ElCubano and speedo like this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Guess what is the first cure on the list for sleep apnea?

https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/sleep-apnea.html

I am still experimenting how the best to take it. I have this theory if I put too much lemon into the drink that neutralizes ACV's alkaline effect too much, so today I drank it without lemon.

I also noted my appetite is much less, although I don't have to worry about weight issues...

"Many people swear by a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water with honey before bed, citing its sleep-inducing powers and that it promotes a more restful night's sleep."

http://www.prevention.com/food/food-remedies/healthy-new-uses-apple-cider-vinegar

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm going to try a tablespoon or two tonight.

7. speedo

speedo

Not natural so not recommended unless you just can't get to sleep....half a Benadryl, it will knock you out.

8. Why not just Apple Cider? Probably provides all the benefits of ACV with the bonus of alcohol. :sneaky:

9. So how did that go? Hope you mixed it with a little honey and warm water. It's an acquired taste. :wtf: You will also find it to be a natural laxative and it works well for indegestion too. Rumored to raise sperm count as well, for what it's worth.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It went good. I mixed two tablespoons with a glass of cold water and chugged it.

I did wake up once in the night, but that was because my wife forgot to turn the damn thermostat down in our bedroom so I woke up in the middle of the night boiling hot. She had it set to 74, which is way too hot for me at night. She claims that when I put it on 70, that she is freezing. But my response to her is that she can always pull the comforter over her if she's cold. There's nothing I can do at all when I wake up sweating aside from turning the temp down.

I know that in order to get the full benefit of ACV, I need to make it a daily habit, so taking it before bed is probably the best time of day for me to remember to do it.

#10     May 16, 2017