Slavery in the US

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TimeCorrosion, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Bullshit. The highest federal tax bracket is 35% and that's for $372,950 and above. It Austria and Belgium it's 50%, Denmark 58%, Finland 53%, France 40%, Germany and Italy 45%, Netherlands 52%, Sweden 55%, etc. On top of that, the "Value Added" taxes in those countries are between 19% and 25%.
    Then don't rent or take out a mortgage.
    I'm sure that for you it is :p

#11     Jan 5, 2010
  2. not even necessarily poor people, mainly losers, fags, lazy people and people with low IQ levels who are incapable of making a decent income in their own country and want to come to the US to live off of food stamps, delusional people who have been watching too many hollywood movies (which are mainly 2 hour advertisements of a brand called USA) and can't differentiate between fact and fiction and actually assume america is the land of free only to come here and realize that even grownups can't buy pharmaceutical drugs without a prescription because daddy has to tell them what to or what not to do, how to or how not to live, ..., basically the scums of the earth, those worthless souls whom have compounded nothing through out their lives, are suffering from the pain the void within is causing and now think that running away will free them of their pain

#12     Jan 5, 2010
  3. 35% federal plus nearly 10% state in California. That is right, I am among the top 1% of the US population who pay 40% of the taxes of this country.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-wor...ncome-stacks-up?mod=career-salary_negotiation

#13     Jan 5, 2010
  4. Well thats your first problem, you live in a financially fucked state. Instead of bitching about your taxes why not just move to a state with no income tax? And then compare...

The fact is US does not have the highest taxes and what you will find is that Americans are the most apt to bitch about taxes (as you have proven) while in several European countries (as listed) they are willing to pay higher taxes because of the social benefit.

People are paying more than you but yet you are the only one bitching. Its like you won a race by 500 ft but constantly bitch because it wasnt a mile...

#14     Jan 5, 2010
  5. Lethn

Lethn

The only thing I consider to be a form slavery in our world is taxation and the military. Especially taxing you for something that you don't believe in. If it were up to me I'd make it so that if the government allocated taxes the citizens could opt out of paying taxes for certain things like for instance military spending.

The rest however is just human stupidity and impatience. I can understand the reasoning behind mortgages and loans but it's a ridiculous business and you should only do it if you seriously need the money not just because you want that fancy car when you could buy a cheap one.

#15     Jan 5, 2010
  6. I hate to break it to you but California isn't the IRS and there are states without income tax.

And if you're only in the top 1% of wage earners in the United States, you're in the bottom 1% on ET :p

#16     Jan 5, 2010
  7. States with no state income tax have very high property tax.

If you add up all of the Federal, State, Local, and Property tax... it's possible to pay tax of nearly 2/3 of earnings even now. With top marginal taxes being raised and a potential VAT, taxes of >72% are possible for some.

#17     Jan 5, 2010
  8. Wrong. The highest property taxes are in states where there ARE income taxes.
    http://blog.valueappeal.com/county/top-25-highest-property-tax-counties-united-states

And in states where there is no income tax, the property tax is chump change compared to what one could pay in state income tax.
    I don't know what the theoretical max tax rate is, but I do know that anyone stupid enough to pay it deserves to.

#18     Jan 5, 2010