Skyscraper

Discussion in 'Economics' started by G-Boa, Feb 20, 2007.

1. G-Boa

G-Boa

Not too long ago there was an article on elitetrader that discussed the economic impact building a skyscraper had. I'm trying to find it - (yes, I did a search) - can anyone help me out??

Thanks,
    G.

2. (1) The article emphasizes actual skyscraper construction but seems to omit buildings that never got past the planning stage. In 1989, Donald Trump demonstratively wanted to build a new-world's-tallest-building across the street from the Sears Tower. A few months later, he found himself in bankruptcy and the October-1989 Mini-Crash occured. (2) During 2000, when the S&P and NASDAQ were peaking, there were atleast three different proposals for a new-world's-tallest-building in Chicago. One of them was from Donald Trump who scaled back the height of his actual tower from ~120 stories down to ~90 stories after 9/11/2001. (3) In Chicago, right now, there's a "plan" to build a skyneedle structure that would be ~2000 feet tall. It remains to be seen if groundbreaking for it ever happens and what the Asians can complete in the near future. We'll see what happens.