Skydiving

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ksmetana, Feb 26, 2011.

1. nursebee

nursebee

I've jumped out of three perfectly good airplanes over ten years ago, it had nothing to do with trading. It was however thought of an empowering experience back when I was reading a lot of Tony Robbins and collecting food stamps for a month.

My first jump was a tandem with a mile of free fall followed by a mile of parachute. My next two were static line jumps at a jump school where Miss NC died...I only screwed up a knee for a while

Movie Point Break quote: "sex with the Gods" AMEN

I knew that if I could do this I could accomplish anything in life and I have gone on to complete most of the goals I set at that stage of my life. The only problem as I see it is though I set lofty goals, they were not high enough.

I am not sure that the serious emotional high is the kind of experience a serious trader needs. But if you are going to only do it once, go tandem and experience free fall.

Yippy kayay MF

#11     Feb 28, 2011
  2. nLepwa

nLepwa

It's funny how people think trading is like a sport and that traders are like athletes.

Ninna

#12     Feb 28, 2011
  3. It's funny how on almost every thread you write something ignorant or ridiculous.
    His question was about overcoming fears to improve performance. There is a direct psychological correlation between overcoming barriers and seeing improved results in ALL areas of a person's life. A person who has conditioned him/herself to break through these barriers and push through their perceived limits will find it easier to overcome challenges (or fears) in other areas of life. The best and easiest way to do this 95% of the time is through either competitive or endurance sports. An elite military unit is also an outstanding method, though this is a little much for most people.

#13     Feb 28, 2011
  4. If a toddler could speak and understand language, they would never learn to walk. Too many people would tell them they would fall and possibly get hurt.

They can't understand and hence they keep trying, over and over. They fall, get up and repeat this process till they are tired then begin again.

Determination. Never ever quit.

#14     Feb 28, 2011
  5. Banjo

Banjo

Don't give up till you drink from the silver cup ..... Eagles

#15     Feb 28, 2011
  6. nLepwa

nLepwa

You've missed the point and you're mixing things up.

You surely need to "break through these barries" and "push through the perveived limits" to keep gambling with a discretionary system. But it has nothing to do with trading.

When you finally overcome the athlete and military bs and you start real trading you might find some insight in my "ignorant or ridiclous" posts, maybe.

Ninna

#16     Feb 28, 2011
  7. Wow! Another totally ignorant post.
    First: I am a real trader and I will be happy to compare blotters with you as long as you will place a bet on it so the superior trader can benefit (definitely me).
    Second: You totally missed the point (what a surprise). It has EVERYTHING to do with trading. People live with all sorts of fears and self imposed limitations. These can effect all areas of a person's life including their trading. Some of the tools available to break through them are sports, military, etc.
    And for the record, I have read many of your posts, and have never found anything insightful in any of them. They are mostly comprised of self aggrandizement and attempts to convince others of the value of your insights, sure indications of someone totally ignorant.

#17     Feb 28, 2011
  8. nLepwa

nLepwa

Great! I'm all for a "my penis is greater than yours" contest. Too bad I don't have one...

Good traders manage to get their ego out of the way.

Ninna

#18     Feb 28, 2011
  9. Wow! Exactly what I was trying to explain to your regarding the nature of your posts! You are a fast study!
    Regarding your anatomy, you're welcome to post a nude picture of yourself so we can all be sure.
    And don't worry, even if you actually had one, I'd still win :)

#19     Feb 28, 2011
  10. Skydiving is an incredible rush, nothing in life like it.

Yeah, the OP said not about the actual action of skydiving, but if you want to face some fears straight on - jump out of a plane.

It's been a few years since I last did it, maybe it's time to get back up there and enjoy the ride.

:D

#20     Feb 28, 2011