Skips69 Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by skips69, Dec 22, 2008.

1. skips69

skips69

Please don't mistake my enthusiasum for arrogance. It was just exciting for me to see a "no recent news" (at least what I could find) equity increase in price by nearly 10% based on elementary analysis.

Trading thoughts for 1/14/09:

SIFY - Sify Technologies Limited - My screener shows this one reaching as high as 1.60 tomorrow.

#31     Jan 13, 2009
  2. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

No biggie just real busy. This investment game is a personal thing. What you see is different from what anybody else See's. What matters most is that you make money.

#32     Jan 14, 2009
  3. skips69

skips69

Okay, so I was thinking of this as a possible position at 2.10 and it's gone as high as 2.44 since then. Not bad.

#33     Jan 14, 2009
  4. skips69

skips69

Okay..not a very good day for this one, but I'm working on a 2-4 day holding strategy. I still think this is going to 1.59. Time will tell.

By the way, I am not in this one right now. I'm just looking. :)

#34     Jan 14, 2009
  5. skips69

skips69

DWCH - "If" I had bought into this one at the gap up on 1/9, I still would have stood a chance to set my stop loss and walk away with 5%.

ICOP - "If" I had bought into this one at the gap up on 1/9, I still would have stood a chance to set my stop loss and walk away with 15%.

COOL - "If" I had bought into this one at the gap up on 1/9, I could have lost as much as 10% on this one.

But...as Zodiac4u mentioned, these thinly traded equities may not have produced these results because of limited availability.

#35     Jan 14, 2009
  6. skips69

skips69

Trading Thought for 1/15/09:

UYG - I see this one going to 5.58 in the next 2-3 Days.

#36     Jan 14, 2009
  7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my explanation. If the the stock is thinly traded and you get frequent gap ups or gap downs in price, you have to take into consideration a possible fudge factor. it would be improbable for you to think you can control your risk under these type of trading conditions.

#37     Jan 14, 2009
  8. skips69

skips69

Thanks again for the feedback. I really do appreciate it!

So...what do you think about UYG?

#38     Jan 14, 2009
  9. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

On the 5mn uyg is in consolidation. Since we have established that the market is in a down trend. I would rather wait for a cross-over of a moving average combo to go bulish before I enter into a weak condition. I do not try to pick bottoms unless the market I am watching has established a history of volatility.
    This is me! You have to define the aproach that suits you best.

#39     Jan 15, 2009
  10. skips69

skips69

Can you explain "consolidation" in a little more detail?

#40     Jan 18, 2009