Skips69 Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by skips69, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Even to say you want to trade like most people on ET isn't saying much about what you are trying to accomplish. The thing is that most people here probably don't do as well as you think.

Good luck trading!

#11     Jan 3, 2009
  2. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I looked at Alcoa it has been moving up pretty well but my software is giving me hints that the momentum on the 5mn chart is starting to weaken. maybe a pull back toward the 11.50 area. I would like to see the 200 moving average cross-over the 90 ma on the 60mn before I would get in. But that's just me.

#12     Jan 3, 2009
  3. skips69

skips69

Thanks. I appreciate the insight.

#13     Jan 4, 2009
  4. skips69

skips69

Interesting perspective. Since this one was a little iffy for me, I think I'll sit tight to see how it develops.

Thanks.

#14     Jan 4, 2009
  5. skips69

skips69

Trading Thoughts for 1/5/09:

Aria Pharmaceuticals if it opens at or above Friday's .91 Close.

#15     Jan 4, 2009
  6. skips69

skips69

Interesting. If I had taken this advice, I would have had an opportunity to buy my pick of the day (Aria) at .86 and rode it to the close of .98.

Nonetheless, even if I had purchased ARIA at .91, the opportunity still existed to sell within my target range of 5%.

Used a trailing stop for the first time today. I was holding shares of ALD that I had purchased at 2.6 and decided to sell using a trailing stop.

Overall (after hefty commissions) NET +3.11. Not a bad first trade of the year.

If I quit now, I might actually have a better balance sheet than the other 95% of the daytraders will have for the year :D

#16     Jan 5, 2009
  7. skips69

skips69

Good call!:)

#17     Jan 6, 2009
  8. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Nice call on the ALD. The moving averages were on your side and the follow through momentum was there. Good One!
    Don'T feel bad about Aria. That one is a little iffy chart wise. The best push for the last two days was just in the last 5mn of the close. For me not good. I want to see a nice steady rise in price. Seeing a slight drift side ways to slightly up is to weak for my blood. Hoping that you get a pop up is just plain stupid when you have so many stocks out there to pick from.
    What are you using to make your picks?

#18     Jan 6, 2009
  9. skips69

skips69

I have to first give credit to erikrkolodny because he mentioned this as one of his "trading thoughts" for the day. But after I looked at it, it just seemed like a good buy.

TD Ameritrade Strategy Desk

#19     Jan 6, 2009
  10. skips69

skips69

ARIA popped 21.43% today. It appears that I just need to develop the stomach for my swing trading strategy. I opted out of the open above .86 yesterday. Then it closes at 1.19 today :eek:

#20     Jan 7, 2009