SKF halted

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElCubano, Sep 19, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

it has already.

#51     Sep 19, 2008
  2. my SKF trade got busted.....found out way later.......got rid of some....holding some over the weekend......keeping my fingers crossed.

#52     Sep 19, 2008
  3. TylerD

TylerD

I got in at 9:30 @ $89 and tried to get out @ $93 at 9:33
    and kept refreshing my screen wondering wha was happening.
    Then at 9:43 I sold @ $94.

E-Trade tells me tonight that both the trades are reversed out so I'm
    holding just cash, but my $5 gain in fifteen minutes is lost, too.

A WTF moment to be sure.

#53     Sep 20, 2008
  4. that's funny b/c I got in 91.00 @9:32 and got out 93.50 @9:36....entry stood and exit got busted....hmmm

#54     Sep 20, 2008
  5. Very weird stuff going on in my account now. I had bought SKF around 91 and sold around 94 yesterday morning. But my account has not cancelled the trade from yesterday morning - it shows that I still hold SKF, with a purchase price equal to the price that I sold at yesterday. And since SKF closed at 100 yesterday, my account is now higher in value by about $6/share.

EDIT: It's pretty confusing, but I now see that what they did was to effectively cancel my sell order from yesterday, and leave my buy order intact. So I now still hold the shares, which I won't complain about since they are higher than my sale price yesterday... unless SKF opens under 91 on Monday, and then I'll complain, LOL.

#55     Sep 20, 2008
  6. jprad

jprad

Same thing here, buy order stood, sell was busted.

I was sitting at the computer last night when it happened around 6pm.

Didn't want to risk holding it over the weekend since it was dropping so I unloaded in AH for a $4/share gain instead of the $2/share I had from the original sell.

#56     Sep 20, 2008
  7. me2

me2

im stuck w/ some skf on a busted sell at 9:34 too - nice 6pt error in my favor for now based on 100 close- but doing some skf dd - why is NAV so much lower than market price?

be nice if glitch in rescue plan/delay or european bank fills the diaper for a spike in our favor.

flip side - is it possible that the shorting mechanism for this fund is blocked by sec that price of financials in fund are meaningless then the price 'value' of fund will crash as it's not performing it's charter duty and holders will just dump it?

http://www.proshares.com/funds/skf.html

#57     Sep 21, 2008
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Not only is it possible, but it is most likely probable given the pace and stupidity of government interventions lately.

#58     Sep 21, 2008